Thread: Happy 70th Anniversary

Happy 70th Anniversary

To the coolest guitar ever designed...

Pretty nice video by the company

Re: Happy 70th Anniversary

That was cool.

Jerry

Back around (I believe) 1985 my son purchased this 25th Anniversary Strat from a good friend of mine who was the original owner. My son played it a couple of years and then sold it to an old bandmate of mine to raise money to purchase a new 335 Gibson. As we move ahead 25 years or so I purchased it back, had it restored by a local luthier and gave it to my son for Christmas five years ago. What’s cool is it is still the original finish.

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    Back around (I believe) 1985 my son purchased this 25th Anniversary Strat from a good friend of mine who was the original owner. My son played it a couple of years and then sold it to an old bandmate of mine to raise money to purchase a new 335 Gibson. As we move ahead 25 years or so I purchased it back, had it restored by a local luthier and gave it to my son for Christmas five years ago. What’s cool is it is still the original finish.

I had one of those a few years back. It was the heaviest Strat I've ever seen (15+ lbs) but it had the strattiest Strat tones I've ever heard. A nice guitar but I just couldn't use it onstage. It was akin to toting an M-60 machinegun.
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

I passed on the 70th Anniversary Strat. I do have a 40th and 50th Anniversary Strats and a 60th Anniversary Tele (my avatar).
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Quote Originally Posted by phantomman View Post
    I had one of those a few years back. It was the heaviest Strat I've ever seen (15+ lbs) but it had the strattiest Strat tones I've ever heard. A nice guitar but I just couldn't use it onstage. It was akin to toting an M-60 machinegun.
    Yeah, it’s a heavy guitar but a really nice sounding guitar. My son’s main axe now days is a Les Paul so the Strat is a backup if something happens to his main guitars. I still wish he was playing the 335 more. To me, that is one of the best guitars produced.