Thread: Would you believe it?

Would you believe it?

I worked for Richelieu Electrics in the very beginning, around 1980.
    I learned how to build guitars there from Rick Syarto, who went on to become one of the original 4 luthiers starting the Fender Custom Shop a few years later. I probably built the guitar pictured here.
    I designed the bass guitar body and did the re-design of the guitar body making a bit less symmetrical and beefing up the neck joint.
    These guitars still pop up for sale around New England and seem to have retained their value.
    Nice to see this guitar from 40+ years ago.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1998109477220797/
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Re: Would you believe it?

That's a nice looking variation of an SG type. It's a great looking guitar. It must give you a good feeling to see it.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Thanks. This model was called Spectre.
    Solid mahogany, neck thru construction.
    The very first models had a 6 button keypad for pickup switching. No toggle switch. It was all done electronically.
    Very cool feature but unfortunately the chips weren't real fast back then and there was a tiny bit of latency in the switching. Most people barely noticed it. Too bad. It was cool!
    It's kind of exciting seeing something I built 44 years ago still held in regard. I have no idea if the asking price is realistic or not but, the price is always substantial when these do come up for sale.
    Last edited by Tele-Bob; 02-25-2024 at 04:13 PM.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tele-Bob View Post
    It's kind of exciting seeing something I built 44 years ago still held in regard. I have no idea if the asking price is realistic or not but, the price is always substantial when these do come up for sale.
    Very cool! It must give you a feeling of warmth and satisfaction to see something you made long ago still getting attention. Congrats!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

You never cease to amaze me!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain