Thread: Can you tell me anything about my Squier Bass? Thanks!

Forum Member

Can you tell me anything about my Squier Bass? Thanks!

Hi, new here. Haven't played a lot for 15 years. Got married and bought a house and had kids and the bug left me. Well now going to get divorced, and I'm looking at all my old gear. All guitars except this one bass I bought to fool around on and record some covers with.

I kept all the stuff because I thought one of my two girls might get the bug. They are only 8 and 10, so they still might.

I'm going to hang onto my guitars, but I don't know much about this bass. It's apparently a 2005 Indonesia-made bass. Fender serial lookup isn't working. IC050127979, the shipping box has one label saying P-Bass RW BKM, and then one overlaid saying P-Bass SPCL BKM. I can't find out what BKM means online, nor what the "special" might mean.

Is it worth anything? I live in Montreal Canada. If I keep it do you think it would appreciate in another 10 years?

Tried to link a pic, didn't work. It's black, white pick guard, 3 silver knobs, a split pickup center-ish, and a single pickup near the saddle.

Thanks in advance!

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Re: Can you tell me anything about my Squier Bass? Thanks!

Sounds like a Squire P Bass with a P/J pickup configuration. If you like it, keep it. I would not count on any appreciation in value.

I’ve seen BKM used to denote Black Matte finish.
    Mark

Forum Member

Thanks!

Forum Member

I put one together for my wife, (not a Fender), at the time the Fender site had specs/wiring for a P/J Special which I followed. (2 volume, 1 tone).

Forum Member

Cool, thank you! To be honest I don't know what the knobs do, so this is a good start. I think I'll keep it! I know it's not $$$, but as a guitar guy, a bass looks bad-a$$! The pegs are so meaty, the strings are cool. Appreciate both of your feedback.