Thread: NAMM 2024?

NAMM 2024?

The National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) is currently holding their 2024 trade show. This is the opportunity for makers of music gear to showcase their best and introduce their newest. The timing has been shunted around over recent years, which may make it more difficult to track, and I confess that only peripherally follow the news, but there are some notable items that have raised my eyebrows.

First, Fender and Gibson are among the noticeable absences, but that hasn't stopped others from showing their announcements. I'll leave those to others.

C.F. Martin has introduced the SC-18E and SC-28E. This is expanding the line of their oddly-shaped (to me) SC line, and they've announced the "18" and "28" additions, claiming they are bringing to the SC the same sonic quality of their flagship D-18 and D-28 line. My reading has suggested there is only a limited audience for these models. More talk has been about their GPCE Inception Maple guitar, which has a new bracing (and "sonic channels") technology they say will provide a better sound and a lighter weight guitar. Again, we'll see.

Taylor Guitars has introduced its new amplifier! Heck, if Fender can do it, and Gibson is getting back into it, why can't Taylor? Taylor's new Circa 74 acoustic and vocal amp that includes a wooden stand meant to elevate for better projection. It isn't cheap, but it is pretty. It could double as furniture.

Positive Grid, the makers of the popular Spark 40 "lunchbox" (and the smaller MINI and even smaller GO) amp and licensees of Experience Hendrix™, has introduced their new "LIVE" 4-Channel Smart Amp & PA System. "Smart amp" means it can be controlled via phone app. At pre-order pricing of $499, if this thing is as good as their other products, this may fly off the shelves.

So, if you've been tracking NAMM this year, what has stood out for you?
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: NAMM 2024?

I saw that Mike Fuller is there to promote his new Fulltone USA boutique