Thread: Fender Necks--learning to use my flash

Fender Necks--learning to use my flash

Getting good pictures is easy if you're outside. Inside is a different story. I'm teaching myself about photography, really glad to have YouTube.

This is a test photo of the necks on my Precision and Jazz Basses. Both are Jazz necks, setting so that the front one is clear and the back one blurry. I spent a while trying to shoot the bodies, but that was a catastrophe. I know what I did wrong though. Trial and error.

I'm mainly interested in music instruments, architecture, animals, and nature. For work, I take a lot of people pics, so I have to learn to do that better too. It's fun but daunting.

If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Re: Fender Necks--learning to use my flash

You need more depth-of-field to capture good detail shots like that. A tripod and a remote shutter release will be a big help as well.
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Quote Originally Posted by phantomman View Post
    You need more depth-of-field to capture good detail shots like that. A tripod and a remote shutter release will be a big help as well.
    Thanks. Yes. A shot like that would be better off with a tripod and remote shutter release for sure. I was trying to blur the background in this case but could have adjusted the aperture to get the full depth. All experimenting of course.

A lot of what I have to do for work makes it impossible too use a tripod, so I've got to get better without one when photographing people.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Yeah, candid shots are like that.

You just want to avoid having them look like your hands were shaking like a chihuahua trying to shit a peach pit.
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Quote Originally Posted by phantomman View Post
    Yeah, candid shots are like that.

You just want to avoid having them look like your hands were shaking like a chihuahua trying to shit a peach pit.
    Exactly. Haha. That’s one of the best and most vivid phrases I’ve ever seen.

TFF Stage Crew

Yes, I read that & pictured it perfectly, no pun intended
    Lol