Thread: Fender Mustang Expression pedal problem

Forum Member

Fender Mustang Expression pedal problem

Hi, I just hooked up my Mustang III, the 4 button footswitch, and the Expression pedal. They've been sitting in a closet for years and everything worked before. The problem is the green & red lights on the Expression pedal itself aren't coming on. The pedal works, but not the lights. They did work a couple days ago when I first plugged it in, but went to power it up today and now they don't. I did the calibration method.......which is just powering on the amp while holding down the Utility button .....keep the button pressed until it stops blinking. Did that several time, the lights come on for a fraction of a second and then both shut off.

Any suggestions ? Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Forum Member

Re: Fender Mustang Expression pedal problem

Quote Originally Posted by JImDep View Post
    Hi, I just hooked up my Mustang III, the 4 button footswitch, and the Expression pedal. They've been sitting in a closet for years and everything worked before. The problem is the green & red lights on the Expression pedal itself aren't coming on. The pedal works, but not the lights. They did work a couple days ago when I first plugged it in, but went to power it up today and now they don't. I did the calibration method.......which is just powering on the amp while holding down the Utility button .....keep the button pressed until it stops blinking. Did that several time, the lights come on for a fraction of a second and then both shut off.

Any suggestions ? Thanks and Merry Christmas.
    UPDATE:
    Problem found. It was the cord between the amp and the Expression Pedal. I changed cords and now it works fine.
    I don't hear or see anything wrong with the cord but for some reason, the pedal didn't like it.