Thread: vintage amplifier work

vintage amplifier work

I HAVE 3 VINTAGE FENDER AMPS I WOULD LIKE TO GET WORKED ON BY SOMEONE THAT WILL USE ONLY FENDER PARTS AND IS KNOWLEDGEABLE ON OLDER FENDER TUBE AMPS I HAVE A 70'S SUPER REVERB AND A 60'S DELUX REVERB AND A FENDER CHAMP CAN ANYONE HELP ME IN RECOMENDING SOMEONE....I LIVE IN LITTLE ROCK ARKANSAS 72023 MY NAME IS RICK THANK YOU FOR ANY RESPONSE

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Re: vintage amplifier work

Talk to professional guitarists in your area who use such gear and ask them where they're getting their equipment serviced.
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Re: vintage amplifier work

If you don't know any professional guitarists, hang around a local musical instrument store. They are bound to know some techs in the area. They may even have a working relationship with them, where you drop off the amp at the store and the tech picks it up to work on. If you are willing to drive over to Memphis, one the best techs around is Lyle Caldwell at Psionic Audio (that's his YT channel). He pretty much only works on vintage tube amps now and is very selective in what he works on due to the popularity of his YT channel and the demand for his services, but your amps seem to be the type he would take on.

As for using only genuine Fender parts, there really isn't such a thing. Fender used parts from many suppliers over the years, such as input jacks from Switchcraft, potentiometers from CTS, Capacitors from Mallory, etc.
    "When You're Riding Down the Highway at Night, And You're Feeling that Wild Turkey's Bite" ZZ Top