Thread: Chi-Lites Have You Seen Her effect

Chi-Lites Have You Seen Her effect

I have to do some shows for a soul review, I need to nail the lo-fi effect the lead guitar on Have You Seen Her?

So far nothing really seems to do it. I tend to think it was played on a Coral Sitar as Chank used one from time to time, but this is live an not multi-tracked so I need to be able to do it with one guitar. I still need to cover all the other cuts so I'm toying using my A/B/Y with a cheap amp with a blown or punctured speaker ala Smashmouth. One of the other dudes says maybe throw some paper under the strings. Actually works quite well but I'm not sure it's reliable enough to use live.

Ideas?

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Re: Chi-Lites Have You Seen Her effect

How about a fuzz that’s choked off. No sustain.
    Mark

Re: Chi-Lites Have You Seen Her effect

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    I have to do some shows for a soul review, I need to nail the lo-fi effect the lead guitar on Have You Seen Her?

So far nothing really seems to do it. I tend to think it was played on a Coral Sitar as Chank used one from time to time, but this is live an not multi-tracked so I need to be able to do it with one guitar. I still need to cover all the other cuts so I'm toying using my A/B/Y with a cheap amp with a blown or punctured speaker ala Smashmouth. One of the other dudes says maybe throw some paper under the strings. Actually works quite well but I'm not sure it's reliable enough to use live.

Ideas?

Chuck
    Fuzz with a cocked wah wah. That's your sound.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.