Thread: Jim Root

Jim Root

Hello Everyone.

I just got my new Jim Root Strat and I'm not sure what cleaning products are okay for the flat black finish.

My other guitars are gloss and I use Dunlop guitar cleaner on them. Can I use the same pruduct to clean my JR?

Thank you for any suggestions on any products that you recommend.

Re: Jim Root

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Mars View Post
    Hello Everyone.

I just got my new Jim Root Strat and I'm not sure what cleaning products are okay for the flat black finish.

My other guitars are gloss and I use Dunlop guitar cleaner on them. Can I use the same pruduct to clean my JR?

Thank you for any suggestions on any products that you recommend.

You actually CLEAN your guitar??? *GASP*.

J/K. I admit that I only clean my guitars when I change my strings, and even then just usually use a soft microfiber cloth (I have the
    Music Nomad Tool). But speaking of Music Nomad, I've had success with their Premium Guitar Cleaner for Acoustic and Electric. They say, "It works great on both matte/satin & gloss finishes."

Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Satin finishes will naturally buff as you play them and clean them. Either play it and accept its eventual fate or leave it in the case as the collector's item it was intended to be.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Forum Member

Does anybody know how many Jim Root Jazzmasters were made?
    I've just bought a 2nd hand flat black model in fitted Hard case with all tickets, tags etc in excellent condition - in fact, I don't think the owner has played it more than a few hours - it's literally spotless. I paid $2,250 🇦🇺
    Anyway, I've got it on layaway with about $399 to pay - after I get this guitar I'll be stopping the continual buying/selling of guitars - it's become a bit of an "issue"! 🤣