Thread: Harmony Jupiter Thinline

Harmony Jupiter Thinline

Here's a little something to spend a few minutes on.

Following some random bread crumbs on the interwebs, as I sometimes do, I came across a video of some guy I'd never heard of playing a guitar I'd never heard of. Turns out the guy is Tim Pierce, rated as one of the top ten studio guitarists by Guitar World Magazine. Just goes to show what I don't know.

The guitar he was playing was a new Harmony Jupiter Thinline. Harmony is a brand I've heard of but know very little about. Turns out they're one of the USA's oldest guitar makers, and at one time were the leading manufacturer. Who knew?

Anyway, the video isn't a guitar review. In fact, it's an exposition on open G tuning and Keef's mastery of the tuning. But he goes into pretty good detail on the guitar, which I learned is made in the USA (Kalamazoo) and retails for $1,499. Needless to say, I was impressed. Here's the video (which for some strange YouTube reason doesn't pop up in a viewer windoid).

https://www.youtube.com/live/ZX4Unqwhew0?feature=share

Here's Tim Pierce's web site:
    https://www.timpierce.com

And here's Harmony's page on the new guitar:
    https://www.harmony.co/pages/jupiter-thinline

Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: Harmony Jupiter Thinline

Could be fun. Who's making them?
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    Could be fun. Who's making them?
    Here's an article from Guitar World. Apparently Heritage and Harmony are both owned by the same company, Vista Musical Instruments. They both share the same address in Kalamazoo, Michigan. The Harmony web site proudly proclaims they are made in the USA.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

This looks like a really fun guitar! It looks similar to the 1963 Silvertone 1420 that I used to own. It looks like this one is chambered rather than built up like the originals. A friend has a recent Harmony Juno and it appears to be a really well made guitar! From what I've read, they're making them in Heritage's facility in Kalamazoo.

Here's a pic of the 1420 (and 1482 amp) when I bought it, before I cleaned it up. Somehow, the original bridge stayed with the guitar!