Thread: Bias Help Please

Bias Help Please

First question on here �� I've got the EVH LBX-III-S. It has the bias ports on the back. When I set the bias am I setting it with the amp on high gain (red channel) or lo (green channel)?
    As it is, when I set it to 28mV on the red, it's 36mV on the green. Then, if i set it to 28mV on green it's 22mV on the red. Specs say bias 28mV, but what channel?? Anyone? Please. �� Am I just setting my multimeter wrong?

Forum Member

Re: Bias Help Please

Your ears will determine the final bias adjustment, the numbers are just a starting point. Play your guitar and move the bias up and down, and see what sounds right to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
    Your ears will determine the final bias adjustment, the numbers are just a starting point. Play your guitar and move the bias up and down, and see what sounds right to you.
    Ok, understood but my question is what channel do you have on to test. The low (green) channel or the high (red) channel. They give different readings.

Forum Member

Bias to the highest output channel, and then use your ears to determine the final adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
    Bias to the highest output channel, and then use your ears to determine the final adjustment.
    Thank you!