Thread: Marshall Lead 12

Marshall Lead 12

Just found a Marshall Lead 12 in a pawn shop. It's very dirty & missing 3 knobs, but no tears or dings or rips in the speaker cloth. It sounds a little scratchy like the pots could use a good cleaning, but decent otherwise. Asking price is $150, but the salesman said he could get the owner of the shop to go much cheaper. What would be a good price to shoot for? I'm thinking no more than $75 because of condition. Opinions?

I have one of those. It was about $90 brand new back in 1984.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

I offered the guy $65, he said "I can sell it on e-bay for $125". I said "knock yourself out pal, bye".

You can buy them on Ebay all day long in great shape for under $100 If your lucky nab one for around $70
    I paid $100 on a buy it now a year ago because I didn't want to wait.

This was my first amp. I paid $99 around 1985. The guitar player from the Bangles was picking one up at the same time. She told me it was a great amp.

Yeah, I couldn't believe the guy's attitude. He thought it was worth a fortune just because it was a Marshall. However, several years ago(before flea-bay) I bought a very nice Marshall studio 15 from the same shop for $35. I'm gonna keep that one forever.