Thread: Fender Super 6 Reverb

Fender Super 6 Reverb

Hey all,
    My brother is selling an old fender amp and I am trying to work out what it is worth. We have a feeling it worth quite a few dollars.
    It's a fender super 6 reverb valve amp. Original condition. Original USSR valves.
    I have pics upon request. Im in Australia so if you have an idea let me know and what currency we are talking in.
    6 * 10' speakers. 100w?
    Any idea's?
    Cheers,
    Justin.
    justin_j_moore@hotmail.com

Forum Member
    The Super Six is basically a Twin Reverb chassis in a 6x10 combo cabinet. The ones I've seen had the CTS alnico 10s. BIG and BULKY, HEAVY, LOUD. They've never been very popular because of that, and they're a later SF era product. I'd say $500 USD tops.

Oh, the original tubes are made in USA. If it has Russkie tubes, you can bet your ass they're NOT the originals.

Bear in mind, and amp that old will need servicing if you expect it to be reliable. Cap job as a minimum.

Re: Fender Super 6 Reverb

one character
    Last edited by superduper; 07-22-2007 at 02:48 PM.

Yep. Worth less than a Twin Reverb of similar era because of the portability factor. Probably sound pretty decent....in Madison Square Garden. Not many places you can open one of those up in.
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks

Man your right!!! I didn't notice the date.

How lame is that!

I'd still bet the value hasn't gone up in 4 1/2 years.

I wonder if he ever came back to see the replies...
    orange picks

Quote Originally Posted by fezz parka View Post
    Wow! This is an old thread. I'll bet the guys got a Hot Rod Deville by now...
    I bet he doesn't have the hotmail account anymore either.
    orange picks

I had one from 1973 - 1977. It didn't sound too bad, but my back and my neck have never been the same!!!
    ~Yardbird~

"03" Les Paul Standard (Ebony finish)
    "04" Les Paul 1959 Reissue (DarkBurst)
    "04" FENDER Standard Stratocaster (Sage Green) Rosewood fretboard - 2004 model

2011 FENDER Deluxe Reverb RI
    2012 MESA/Boogie Express 5:50
    2013 MESA/Boogie Express 5:50 plus head with 2 23" 1 X 12 MESA LoneStar cabs

Just saw one of these Super Six Reverbs on CL asking price was $700. Combo amps don't get much bigger than that! What an oddball that one was.

Quote Originally Posted by Yardbird Mac View Post
    I had one from 1973 - 1977. It didn't sound too bad, but my back and my neck have never been the same!!!
    Were you able to lug that around by yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Gtrplyr View Post
    Were you able to lug that around by yourself?

If I really had to I could, but it wasn't easy. I was in my 20s and I worked some heavy manual labor type jobs (tree trimmer) back then. Now... at almost 57, the Pro Reverb is almost more than I can handle, that's why I'm really glad I found the TRAYNOR! Although I grew to really like the Super Six, I should have kept my "67" Pro Reverb and just bought a Bandmaster or Bassman bottom to put under it. That amp was just absolutely "KILLER" with an extension cab. I played a "68" Les Paul gold top through it (a great combination!!!).
    ~Yardbird~

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fezz parka View Post
    Wow! This is an old thread. I'll bet the guys got a Hot Rod Deville by now...
    And it's fried a few traces...

Quote Originally Posted by Yardbird Mac View Post

If I really had to I could, but it wasn't easy. I was in my 20s and I worked some heavy manual labor type jobs (tree trimmer) back then. Now... at almost 57, the Pro Reverb is almost more than I can handle, that's why I'm really glad I found the TRAYNOR! Although I grew to really like the Super Six, I should have kept my "67" Pro Reverb and just bought a Bandmaster or Bassman bottom to put under it. That amp was just absolutely "KILLER" with an extension cab. I played a "68" Les Paul gold top through it (a great combination!!!).
    Sure must have been one hell of a wall of sound. Dang, too bad you let that '67 Pro Reverb go. That's a sweet amp even without an ext. speaker cab. Don't tell me you also got rid of the '68 gold top?

Sure must have been one hell of a wall of sound. Dang, too bad you let that '67 Pro Reverb go. That's a sweet amp even without an ext. speaker cab. Don't tell me you also got rid of the '68 gold top?

Well... uh... yeah! I wasn't thinking with my brain at the time. It was one of the really early "68s" too. It was one of the few that had the crown inlay on the headstock instead of the Les Paul Model silkscreen. I had it set up by Johnny Smith (or possibly a tech he had working in his store) and it was an incredible player. In early 1972 I got seduced by a cherry sunburst late "71" Les Paul Deluxe and traded the "68" in on it. What a piece of junk that turned out to be. I still kick myself once in a while for letting go of the "68" Les Paul and the "67" Pro Reverb . I'm content with my current setup though, and that has eased the pain. I've got the new Pro Reverb pretty well dialed in and I'm falling in love with the TRAYNOR as well. I'm thinking about purchasing the extension cab for the YCV40WR.
    ~Yardbird~

Just saw one of these Super Six Reverbs on CL asking price was $700.
    That's about $2/lb.
    orange picks