Thread: Foggy October Sunday and coffee

Foggy October Sunday and coffee

Clouds in my coffee
    clouds in my coffee and you're so vain
    I bet you think this song it about you, don't you?
    You're so vain

man, is it foggy out there. Only now just beginning to lighten up. Got to do some cleaning up in my room, been too slothful lately. Get out for a walk. Looks like a nice week coming up. still looking for a used nailer for my garage project but I keep missing them. The dreadful locust trees in my yard are getting really bare, probably down to less than 20% of their leaves left so hopefully by next week they'll be almost completely done. We're getting really close to the time of year where I start putting up my outdoor light display before it turns cold and we start getting in a waiting mode for the leaves to finish their autumnal plunge so the clean up can commence.

looking forward to playing around with my new pedal. If there was one thing I wish it could do, that would be add a looping feature that allows you to put a guitar rhythm with the bass and drums

Re: Foggy October Sunday and coffee

Last day of vacation! It's overcast here but not foggy. I think I'll practice some funk.

Dizzy today - inner ear thing that causes dizziness... not bad - actually feels kinda good if I'm not doing something important...

Going with the wife to a recovery club thing then some chores.

Everybody have a good one!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

The temps are tumbling down here in West Tennessee. It's been a hot hot summer, so I'm really glad, gray as it's getting today.

I'm about to finish reading Thomas Pynchon's Bleeding Edge. Pynchon is one of my favorites. The man is brilliant. I don't know of any living author who impresses me on this scale. Against the Day or Gravity's Rainbow are his best two. I haven't been this much in awe of a writer since I read Joyce's Ulysses (3 times).

The best thing about finishing a book is getting to start a new one--either Ishiguro's The Remains of the Day or a bio about F. Scott Fitzgerald. Also have Philip Norman's book on McCartney but may save that one for a bit. I have plenty of books in my shelves to read. Novels for the moment, but plenty of poetry, philosophy, and short stories.

Hope you all have an enjoyable day.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Wish I could join Don for a little funky jam session!

Heading off to work but it's my Friday so can't complain. Weather here is about as humid as it gets. Been warm... high 80's/ low 90's but a cold front is going to push through today dropping high temps down into the low/ mid 70's. Breezy and drier conditions should follow and much cooler nights. Perfect Jeep weather no doors/ no top.

Hope y'all have a relaxing or productive Sunday.

And oh yea... It's HELL getting old!

Pic’s from yesterday but this morning it looked exactly the same, just a couple chapters ahead...

I’m taking the weekend off (rehearsals and road trips) to rest, read and watch TV in my Rainbows and bermuda shorts. 84,2 degrees here... I’ll pay a visit to my GF’s grandmother later in the afternoon and come back home for a sixpack of beers and sleep.

I’ll probably have a rough day at the office tomorrow.

can’t wait for my tweed case to arrive.
    Last edited by S. Cane; 10-15-2017 at 05:47 PM.

I've never read that one, Sergio. Going to see if I can get it on my phone. Yes, I can, for 14.99

I'll wait until I can find the paperback at a yard sale or flea market

I've been flying so much lately that I think I have wings growing out of my back. Sure puts a crimp in regular guitar playing! Today I'm flying to NYC where I'm teaching a class this week. Next Sunday it's Boston for the same reason. I wouldn't mind so much if I got a chance to sightsee, but by the time class is over, I'm tired of standing on my feet, and the dark makes it tough to see anything worthwhile.

Next Thursday is my birthday. One good thing about getting older is I don't mind not being home when it rolls past. For me, it will be just another day.

I'm not complaining, mind you. I am in great health (some age-related aches and pains, of course). Life is good.

too bad about the sight seeing not being very doable. You'd be in Boston at just about the peak of the foliage season. I don't know what time your class gets out so it's hard to recommend where to go. Where is the class actually at?

My personal recommendation is to wander around the North End until you find Michael's and have a cannoli and espresso. Oh, great, now I've just slung a hurt on myself for some.

A drizzly but warm day up here in the Deep North. A weekend off from gigging but a weekend of handyman projects: finishing off a cedar garden/garbage shed before it gets too cold to work outside. Almost done. Had to take a side trip up to my cottage on Friday/Saturday to grab some tools. My view yesterday afternoon before heading home. It was hard to leave but the wife was/is sick (flu) and the kidlet wanted to be in town. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    I've never read that one, Sergio. Going to see if I can get it on my phone. Yes, I can, for 14.99

I'll wait until I can find the paperback at a yard sale or flea market

Too bad I'm such a Dead Head. I just had to read this one, and paid for the download.

My life is more colorful because Grateful Dead and Led Zep existed.

Besides, these books have such wonderful details. This one has a delicious passage about how the crew used Gaffer tape to put most everything together on stage and how this tape brand was essential to rocking bands... Made me want to kiss my own gaffer roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    Too bad I'm such a Dead Head. I just had to read this one, and paid for the download.

My life is more colorful because Grateful Dead and Led Zep existed.

Besides, these books have such wonderful details. This one has a delicious passage about how the crew used Gaffer tape to put most everything together on stage and how this tape brand was essential to rocking bands... Made me want to kiss my own gaffer roll.
    What are the best books about Led Zeppelin, Clapton, and The Rolling Stones, anybody?
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I read Hammer Of The Gods back in high-school. It was written by Stephen Davis in 1985 and is listed as an unauthorized biography of Led Zeppelin. Many readers have found it to be interesting although not well-written. I thought it was great but that's been many years ago. I would guess if I were to read it again that I would potentially find it much more tame and lackluster than I did 30+ years ago. Still a cool read though.

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    What are the best books about Led Zeppelin, Clapton, and The Rolling Stones, anybody?
    This was a well-written book and pretty insightful.

https://www.amazon.com/Life-Keith-Ri...qid=1508177376
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    Clapton's and Richards' auto bios are great reads.

As for Zep, I still haven't read anything that beats Mick Wall's When Giants Walked the Earth. Outstanding.