Thread: Sunday coffee and football season woo hoo

Sunday coffee and football season woo hoo

Ok, I don't care if we played and lost on Thursday. Today is the first day of football season as far as I'm concerned. I still think Thursday night football is an aberration and should not be continued but big money talks. Anyhow, it's here. Pass the nachos.

My relatives got out of Florida and landed here in town last night. They're going to meet up with my mom at church today.

I tested my new ribbon mic with my interface last night and sure enough the behringer does not have enough gain. I was expecting that but I got the mic at a good price and will eventually get a phantom power driven mic activator such as the Cloudlifter in lieu of getting a high dollar pre-amp. I'll try the mic with my mackie mixer but I'm not expecting great results with that either but I may be pleasantly surprised.

Been having some left wrist issues that seem to be intensifying. I did a bunch of things this summer in particular July and August that could be responsible but guitar playing probably wasn't one of them. It seems to show that I need to do some strength building workouts but not necessarily at this time until I resolve the pain issues. I'm not a believer in analgesics to cover up the symptoms without first addressing the cause. As much as I don't like it I may have to resort to ice therapy. I hate cold.

Mostly clear and slightly cool. I hope the morning/lunch elder care girl is healthy enough to resume work this week. She's been out almost 10 days between her ailment and then her family all getting sick too. Y'all have a good sunday and the rest of the week.

Re: Sunday coffee and football season woo hoo

Broke my music fast yesterday with a few minutes on the piano. It was pleasing, but I still couldn't sit and play too long.

I got a guy to try to fix my old pc, with which I should be able to easily set up my recording equipment. I know that I just have to start with it, and I'll get into playing and be all right again. I actually think my meds are partly to blame for zombifyiing me and stripping me of my emotions, and this has been affecting my desire to play music. I can't stop taking them or I'll get really sick, so I'm going to have to force myself to do things, whether I have the desire or not. Better living through chemistry, eh?

Today, i have to do the weekly cleaning chores, will take a walk, prepare my classes for the week--and watch a few of the latest Bojack Horseman episodes.

Beautiful day here in West Tennessee. Sunny and mild. Low humidity. The residuals of Irma will hit here on Tuesday, so I'm glad I can enjoy the weather today.

I wish all of you the best and hope you have a terrific Sunday.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Got a late start to the day after a very late gig and an hour long drive home last night (this morning). That said, I managed to finish a bathroom ceiling paint job this afternoon and started to clean and declutter my workshop. Having a gas contractor come in tomorrow and no way a pro tradesman is going to see my workshop in its present state!!!

Some shots from last night.

Band in action:

Crowd all fired up!

I'm sittin' here watching the Green Bay Packers playing the season opener at Lambeau (they're 35 miles up the pike) and thinking I should be learning the vocals on a couple of tunes. Oh well, we'll see what happens after noshing on a few ears of sweet corn and sippin' a brewski or three.

I'm taking a pass on American football after having been an avid fan for decades. Too much "thuggery and druggery" as well as the social justice "warrior" shenanigans.

Besides, my favorite Major League Baseball team just cemented their division title for the fourth time in six years. The local football team has been an embarrassment since the current owner took over the team twenty-plus years ago.

I've had enough of the behavior on and off the field of overpaid (base salary for an NFL player this year is $465,000), steroid-laden goons. I see no reason to support them in any way, shape or form.

Netflix and Amazon Prime are getting the bulk of my viewing time.

Long weekend! It started with a bunch of former co-workers and me participating in a G.I. Joe Legends dinner at HasCon in Providence on Friday evening. It was great to see a bunch of people who I use to design G.I. Joe product with and fun to meet and hang out with fans of the product. It was surprisingly nice to meet collectors. They seemed to love our stories of working together. The food was good, too! Who knew that an old job (most fun job ever) would amount to something like that 20+ year later.

Before heading to HasCon, my son and I broke an inner tie rod on his drift car- with an event on Saturday. I repaired the car and did an alignment while he worked from 4-9am on Saturday. After spending the afternoon at a local arts festival that my mother was involved with, I headed to the track to see him compete. By the time I got there, the car's differential had broken (it's a 1992 Nissan 240SX with a GM V8 with 350 pound feet of torque so it was just a matter of time) and his day was over. We watched other people drift for a while then got help pushing the car on to the trailer.

I went back to the arts festival and enjoyed some moer crafts, food and bands.

Time for bed!