Thread: What would you like to see Fender make? Other than Strat, Tele, ....

What would you like to see Fender make? Other than Strat, Tele, ....

Other than the traditional Fender models--Tele, Strat, Jazzmaster, Jaguar, Mustang, etc--what kind of guitar would you like Fender to make?
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: What would you like to see Fender make? Other than Strat, Tele, ....

I think that they're already pushing the envelope with their new Supreme Stratocaster and I don't really care to see them go much further than this.

Okay though... a 24 fret Telecaster. There... I said it lol!

I like that all white Supreme, but I'd love to see some brand new model that Fender's never made. I have no idea what that would be, but it might be interesting. I liked the looks of that Robben Ford model they made in the 90s--it was a double cutaway set neck, I think?
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Something like Gibson's ES-335.

Forum Member

I wish they would reissue their short lived PS 210 pedal steel guitar, really unique!

None. That's What Gibson is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
    I wish they would reissue their short lived PS 210 pedal steel guitar, really unique!
    That's a good one. I'd be interested in a lap steel in lefty, of course.

I actually don't want fender to make any more new shit, I want them to go back to just stratocaster, telecaster, jazzmaster, mustang, duo-sonic, precision bass, jazz bass. one model of each. two for strat (trem and hardtal). the tele will be 3 saddle only. one country of origin, usa. one (lower) price and no custom shop extravagance either.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    I actually don't want fender to make any more new shit, I want them to go back to just stratocaster, telecaster, jazzmaster, mustang, duo-sonic, precision bass, jazz bass. one model of each. two for strat (trem and hardtal). the tele will be 3 saddle only. one country of origin, usa. one (lower) price and no custom shop extravagance either.
    A-men. The good old days when "you bought an SG and it was just like somebody else's SG" (Robby Krieger)

I'd love to see the Performers come back out. They were just a little too ahead of their time.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post

Well, that's what George and Leo created G & L for. They are to Fender as Heritage is to Gibson. They are actually more the real deal than what Fender offers today, and a much better value. Unfortunately, most Fender aficionados have no idea what a G&L is.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim