Thread: Sunday almost noon August

Sunday almost noon August

Oops, I started a thread a couple hours ago but closed my browser before I posted it

Beauty of a day here, sunny, few clouds. Neighbor across the street is moving and having a yard sale. Hopefully somebody will buy their damn basketball pole. Can't believe they haven't gotten rid of it yet no kids there to play with it and curb appeal 101 always says get rid of the toys in the yard/street.

my garage project is done with phase one clearing out the junk. Now phase two is measuring and figuring what to do. I had thought of using an existing set of shelving units as a base for my workbench but after taking them down and attempting to reassemble them that plan is now out. I'm looking at either building a bench from scratch or buying kit/prebuilt. Advantages to both but building from scratch would mean I'd end up with a miter saw which I kind of want anyway. Looks like that will delay the building of the bench by possibly 2 months though to prevent cash depletion. My skill saw has a panel blade in it already so I am stoked.

i kind of had a GAS attack last night and bought a ribbon mic because it was on sale. Yeah, not the most rational creature, mea culpa.

Re: Sunday almost noon August

Our Sunday here has been a really good day.

Last night we were in Fond du Lac, WI to catch a free Delbert Mc Clinton show at the Sadof art center. An old friend is Delbert's keyboard player so it was very satisfying to shoot the bull a little with our friend before the performance and then listen to an absolute kickass band for a non-stop two hour show.

My wife enjoyed getting a hug from Delbert after the show and was surprised that they are just about the same height.

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post

Last night we were in Fond du Lac, WI to catch a free Delbert Mc Clinton show at the Sadof art center. An old friend is Delbert's keyboard player so it was very satisfying to shoot the bull a little with our friend before the performance and then listen to an absolute kickass band for a non-stop two hour show.

My wife enjoyed getting a hug from Delbert after the show and was surprised that they are just about the same height.
    Thats cool - isn't great that most of these guys are so down to earth regular kind of people?

sunday was grass cutting and feeding my mosquitos (FRIK!!!) and cleaning, laundry, cook some dinner - cool out with a couple of glasses of Sangria with my spagetts and work on a song I am supposed to sing (my own doing) next month at the Folk Fest. My first time singing with teh band - first time playing an acoustic fest setting.
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

Father's day here.

Went to the office to catch up with work and went to see my daughter.

Gonna take a shower and see the GF in a couple of minutes...

I missed this one! We were at the track all day. My son's drift car performed well. We just built and installed a 4.6:1 differential and put a stock ECU in it for better midrange torque. The car KILLED tires (six sets of rears used up)! Great day until the minor electrical fire (chaffed wires. It'll be fine)!

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post

Nice! I love me some Delbert McClinton! Glad you all had a great time!

Spent Sunday relaxing at the lake before Round 3 of the shed building project started Monday am. Did a little fishin' (didn't catch anything), a little grillin' and a little beer drinkin' around the bonfire. Beautiful day, perfect weather.