Thread: Sunday morning first sunday of august

Sunday morning first sunday of august

after two days of rather rambunctious thundershowers and storms, today is beaming with glorious sunshine and cooler temperatures. Which is perfect for doing some work in the garage in preparation of the Workbench a sacred place of manly construction and future projects galore. Drinking coffee and waiting for the delivery of my sunday paper.

Re: Sunday morning first sunday of august

It looks like a nice day out there! We're having a few people over to cook out. My brother is in town and my birthday is coming up.

I'm playing a gig with a friend's band in a month. I've got about 22 songs that I'm not totally familiar with to nail down. Maybe I can focus on one a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    It looks like a nice day out there! We're having a few people over to cook out. My brother is in town and my birthday is coming up.

I'm playing a gig with a friend's band in a month. I've got about 22 songs that I'm not totally familiar with to nail down. Maybe I can focus on one a day.
    Cake - you will nail that!
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

House cleaning, of course, but music too. I'm feeling confident and happier today. I have a hard time feeling joy, and it affects everything I do. But this morning, I played some of the recent songs I've written, and they made me happy.

I plan to go for a walk after vacuuming. Then tonight, I'm looking forward to having a couple of friends over for dinner and Game of Thrones.

I'm trying to take pleasure in things, a difficult task, but I'm trying.

I'm thinking of trying meditation. I am not religious, so I'm looking for non-spiritual meditation. If any of you meditate and have some advice as to how I can get started, I'd love your suggestions.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post

I'm thinking of trying meditation. I am not religious, so I'm looking for non-spiritual meditation. If any of you meditate and have some advice as to how I can get started, I'd love your suggestions.
    No need to be religious...I do it and it helps with all troubles in life... It also helped me concur some demons I had...
    PHYSIOLOGICAL EFFECTS:

Normalizes blood pressure
    Improves immune function
    Slows the aging process
    Reduces anxiety, burnout, improves stress related disorders
    Promotes the experience of relaxation throughout the day
    Decreases insomnia

PSYCHOLOGICAL EFFECTS:

Improves psychological health and self-esteem
    Lowers incidence of depression, anger, irritability
    Improves concentration
    Increases positive thinking
    Enhances creativity
    Facilitates psychological development

http://americanmeditationsociety.org...tion/benefits/

Thanks, Melody. I appreciate that with all my heart.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

A friend was running a fund raising jam session today for a very worthy charity. After my wife and I managed breakfast and coffee at our favorite watering hole I got to sit in and sing a tune and play a couple of basic blues songs that, I hope, brought some money into the benefit.

Just started six weeks of leave. So I spent the weekend (and then some) up at the lake and knee deep in sawdust.

But the end result is a new self-built 8'x12' storage shed with white pine siding, steel roof and a solid steel door. I now have unencumbered room to store my shed-building tools - and spare lumber from building a shed!

'Shedding for a couple of pickup gigs with a hard rock composer friend of mine (needed an OD pedal for my bass) over the next week and a half and prepping for the normal gigs with my main country band.