Thread: Sunday Morning End of July

Sunday Morning End of July

Beautiful day here, high of only 85 degrees. I'm pretty much into a Sunday routine of cleaning house and going for a walk. Otherwise, reading, playing guitar, and whatever else comes my way.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Sunday Morning End of July

Highs have been about 102-106 for a while now... Today should be no different, High & Dry. Off to work. Y'all enjoy your Sunday.

nice day here so far, 80 sunny, surprisingly blue sky between white cotton clouds. I just got in from doing some work in the garage in preparation for the workbench. the sleep number bed and mattress disassembled a lot easier than I expected. Hopefully that will be gone by the end of the week and the first two new shelving units up.

I was thinking of maybe putting up some white paneling to help brighten the space out there and wonder if it would be worthwhile to put some pink insulation between the stringers. I don't know if there should be any plastic vapor barrier or not. Has anybody here ever insulated a garage before?

My garage is insulated but it was done when it was built. I think they used the pink insulation with the barrier attached to it. Though my father was a framer and my brother is also a carpenter, they did the work. I know nothing about carpentry.

Had a great weekend. Hit the road and played two rehearsals.

Spent most of the free time with my girlfriend, we did lots of stuff together and she loved to see me play guitar. I'm so deeply in love with her that I can't even describe how I feel, even in Portuguese.

hope you all had a great Sunday!

It's been hot here in the Panhandle of Florida,but I've been inside pretty much all day with the AC just a'humpin'.
    Now it is a few minutes after 7PM,got chicken,boudan,and other assorted things on the grill,so I am a happy camper.
    Take care,be safe and blessed!
    "My flesh and my heart fail...but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
    PS. 73:26

MY JAMS--
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

Superb day here - nicest weather yet this summer - warm, not humid, breezy, not a cloud in the sky. Spent the last two days up in cottage country building a storage shed.

Gigged last night and had some major downtime today. Bad news is we had to fire one of the guys in the band. Ongoing substance abuse issues and he disappeared halfway through last nights show and missed the third set. Apparently he was passed out in the car. Unfortunately this behaviour doesn't fly with us, so he's been booted. Had to cancel on a gig he organized as well. Good news is we can carry on just fine without him and have a whole slew of gigs booked where we will split the take 4 ways instead of 5.

I hope this guy can figure out his personal issues and get his substance abuse in check. A hobby band is unfortunately not the place to do that.

Wheee, I think I have my mojo back!

I spent all day yesterday (Saturday) doing nothing. I stayed at home and only went out for the mail. I watched a couple of movies and watched the last rainfall of a two-day deluge. I ate refrigerator remnants and pretty much made a vegetable of myself.

This morning, after a very nice, long night's sleet, I awoke to a perfect day. I had offered to help at church this morning, so I did that, then came home and began assembling a bookshelf that has been staring at me all week. I went out for lunch, came back and finished the bookshelf, and then went to work putting stuff in my office away. I broke for a while and then came back and washed one of my cars (the one that stays out). I weeded my back patio, and...

Played my Taylor acoustic guitar. In fact, I brought a stand out from my soon-to-be-organized guitar/photo "studio" and placed the Taylor in full view in my living room -- reminding me and tempting me to pick it up. Felt good!

Glad you're feeling better, OS.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    nice day here so far, 80 sunny, surprisingly blue sky between white cotton clouds. I just got in from doing some work in the garage in preparation for the workbench. the sleep number bed and mattress disassembled a lot easier than I expected. Hopefully that will be gone by the end of the week and the first two new shelving units up.

I was thinking of maybe putting up some white paneling to help brighten the space out there and wonder if it would be worthwhile to put some pink insulation between the stringers. I don't know if there should be any plastic vapor barrier or not. Has anybody here ever insulated a garage before?
    A vapor barrier is a must unless you want all the stuff in your garage all moist when the outside temp fluctuates. It also will keep the temp in the garage more stable when the weather turns cold...

If you are keeping it as a garage I'd probably leave off the barrier, since melting snow off a car creates a lot of moisture which needs t5o escape. If you are using the space for other things I'd put in a barrier.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

yes it will still be a garage. I was thinking of putting up some white wallboard or whatever they call that paneling that's fairly inexpensive. No sheetrock that's way too much work and extremely difficult to do by yourself. Plus it is a major PITA when it gets damaged. I almost thought about pegboard all the way around but don't feel like having that many possible entrances for bees/hornets et al to build nests behind. I mean sure they can build behind wallboard but why give them hundreds of pre-drilled holes nowhadimeen?

I don't know how much good insulation will be on just the 8 foot section of wall if I don't also do the loft area and ceiling too. Maybe the wallboard by itself will make some temperature difference, it certainly will make it brighter and that alone will be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    Glad you're feeling better, OS.
    Thanks, @ch willie. I'm not a depressed person, and am usually quite active, so this was a real frustrating time. I'm pretty sure it's passed now...

Glad you are feeling better OS!

I got up @ 6am on Sunday. Played my guitar rather loudly until @ 8:30, mowed the grass for @ 3 hours.... visited the inlaws, then mowed for another 2 hours. Around 7pm I snuck in another hour of guitar practice, then jammed along to some backing tracks from @9pm to 11pm.
    Fuzz is proof God love us and wants us to be happy. - Franklin
    http://www.frankdenigris.com

In laws Sunday.

It is startling how much they have aged in the last 25 years.

Be well and be happy my friends.

What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?