Thread: sunday homecoming.

sunday homecoming.

The wife has been in rehab for the last 5 weeks and I'm bringing her home today. My employer switched insurance carriers on July first so we had an unexpected $5,000 extra charge for the "new" family deductible. It's going to be bit weird with her back - it got nice having no drama for over a month. hopefully this time it will work.

Meanwhile, I spent Friday afternoon with Charlie Karp in his studio working on the next song we are going to record. We though we had it until he asked me to play a few others. when I finished one he said - "That's the one"! He really dug it!

Charlie is a pretty cool guy. He has a small-bodied acoustic and he finally told me the story behind it. It was made by a guy who worked for Martin, but builds a few on the side. There were two made of that particular model - Charlie got one - Keith Richards got the other!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Re: sunday homecoming.

Good luck, GJ. I hope it all goes well. Maybe it'll be okay. What I know about addiction is that you'll need to help her to stay busy with something. The day is awfully long when you've been addicted to something and it's no longer there. Forgive me if I'm telling you something you already know.

Today is housecleaning day for me. Yesterday, I went to see Dunkirk. It's a fine film, almost gore-less, just a fine story. Met up with a friend for coffee.

After housecleaning today, I'll get in a bit of guitar time, and I'll continue reading Pirsig's Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. Not sure how I feel about this book. It's one of those I've had in my shelf for 20 years but am just now getting around to reading.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    ...and I'll continue reading Pirsig's Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. Not sure how I feel about this book. It's one of those I've had in my shelf for 20 years but am just now getting around to reading.
    He's no Lao Tzu.

Interesting book in that it really has vey little to do with "The Way" and is more of a treatise on the the split in philosophies of Aristotle and Socrates. Truth OR Beauty. Apparently, Pirsig never drove and Aston Martin or played Les Paul. You CAN have both.

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

having coffee and hanging with the cat. trying to decide whether to play guitar or do some major cleaning while my sister takes my mom to church. Now that we have only one car in the garage there's lots of room to stage stuff removed from the basement where it can then be sorted for disposal, recycling, re-gifting what have you and who knows maybe even returned to the basement. There's over 50 years of junk down there and a fairly massive undertaking. I've been saying this for years and it is time to finally make is so now that the space is available and the weather is kinder than it would be in winter.

On the guitar front, I have a line on a drill press that I hope to pick up this afternoon. Again this takes advantage of the single car in the garage and a new idea has started to open up, a workbench in the garage. All my life I've wanted a work bench of my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    He's no Lao Tzu.

Interesting book in that it really has vey little to do with "The Way" and is more of a treatise on the the split in philosophies of Aristotle and Socrates. Truth OR Beauty. Apparently, Pirsig never drove and Aston Martin or played Les Paul. You CAN have both.

Chuck
    I've studied philosophy, but this gets turgid at times. But I have been relating a lot of what he says to guitars. It works sometimes.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

It's been a fun Sunday morning spent with good friends and then a visit with my 97 year old mother at her home. I'm thankful that my health gives me these wonderful days.

I've been mostly relaxing today! I bought a Tech 21 Trademark 10 at the flea market. It needs a pilot lamp. Any idea where to get a SoLiCo 28V pilot lamp?

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I've been mostly relaxing today! I bought a Tech 21 Trademark 10 at the flea market. It needs a pilot lamp. Any idea where to get a SoLiCo 28V pilot lamp?
    I sold one of those on Reverb about 2 months ago. Great little amps, bought it for my nephew if he showed any real interest in playing guitar (didn't tell him, wanted it to be a surprise) but alas he wanted to watch wrassling more. I wasn't using it and needed the money more so it went bye bye. It's a great backup amp if you're gigging and need something small, decent sounding (and you can plug it direct to the PA) in case your gigging amp goes south.

good luck with the homecoming GJ.

Nothing much to report here - chill weekend at the cottage with some nice weather for a change. And the bugs have died down significantly, so I can actually spend time outside without getting bitten to death.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    I sold one of those on Reverb about 2 months ago. Great little amps, bought it for my nephew if he showed any real interest in playing guitar (didn't tell him, wanted it to be a surprise) but alas he wanted to watch wrassling more. I wasn't using it and needed the money more so it went bye bye. It's a great backup amp if you're gigging and need something small, decent sounding (and you can plug it direct to the PA) in case your gigging amp goes south.
    I've had two others in the past. I was surprised to see this one there and was able to get a good price on it. They guy was a genuine guitar guy. It was nice talking to him.

@gibsonjunkie, I hope y'all had a good day.

Lazy day here, we were up late last night planning an epic road trip out West to see the redwoods.

Be well everyone.

What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

GJ - you know i understand - and always wish you the best. Above all - I wish You happiness - and hope that you get cooperation on that.
    God knows I havent and you know my situation as well.

It was a hot sunday - it threatened rain, but we got the stage and tents all down after the festival. It was a great show, and all of the artists were stellar. SO MUCH work goes into it. Rain threatend to shut it down early, but the Blues Gods broke up the storm, it traveled around us, and we only got a little light drizzle at the very end. If anyone wants to see pieces of it, I posted them in On the Road Section - http://www.thefenderforum.com/forum/...ing-up-July-22 I'm a little surprised that section doesn't see more action. It would be great to see others post shows, or even just jamming there. Its always great to see friends videos.

Anyway - I have next weekend off - and will be taking some ME time - might even get an extra day so I can go to the Beach or something fun - JUST FOR ME.

Be well everypeople -
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

Hope all is well GJ!
    Fuzz is proof God love us and wants us to be happy. - Franklin
    http://www.frankdenigris.com

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    Hope all is well GJ!
    Thanks - we're taking it day by day.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    Stay strong Nick!
    Fuzz is proof God love us and wants us to be happy. - Franklin
    http://www.frankdenigris.com

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    The best (and only) way to take it. Keep it up!