Thread: Rosewood Telecaster question

Rosewood Telecaster question

Not that I could afford one, but.... Is Fender allowed to make Rosewood Teles, considering the restrictions on rosewood?
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Rosewood Telecaster question

they've been putting out some solid rosewood necks on strats and teles, don't know about the others like jazzmaster or jaguar. Fender probably has the certs to send stuff where they want. It's the private individuals and small shops that are likely to run into trouble trying to ship guitars with rosewood out of the US. Which must be putting a severe crimp in peoples' ability to buy overseas. I don't know what happens but I think the guitars would likely be subject to confiscation and the seller is probably the one that most likely to get the short end of the stick as many payment services and credit card companies will side with the buyer.

I got to try a solid rosewood neck strat a few weeks ago. Unfortunately it was in such dire need of a setup and intonation that it wasn't any fun to play.

From what I've read, it's doable but a HUGE PIA! Premier Guitar interviewed the CEO of Fender last month.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Willy,good question; Dude I want one so bad have for years. I should have checked out that one you posted a link too a year or so back. I was a bit late someone snagged her up before I had a chance to get my lust on...

Thanks for the info guys. If I win the lottery, I'll go straight to the Fender CS...
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Forum Member

I think it depends on the location, for instance in the US I think it is all good .I have seen one of the Fender Custom shop guitars with a rosewood neck stamped on the back of the headstock with USA on it .

Forum Member

Anybody see last nights 8/10/17 Conan show ? Band Leader Jimmy Vivino was playing a Fender Rosewood Telecaster .Anybody have an idea which Rosewood Tele it was ? I know that he has one of the original ones from 1968 that were made for George Harrison .This one last night looked pretty new to me , I could be wrong .

there was a recent offering for an original rosewood tele, I emailed the seller and found it weighed 8.6 pounds. It looked like new. I wonder if he was the buyer.

Folks lusting after a George Harrison Rosewood Telecaster (that would include me) have reason to cheer: Fender has released a limited edition...

http://shop.fender.com/en-US/electri...115400721.html

• Lightweight chambered rosewood body
    • Mid-'60s "C"-shaped rosewood neck; 9.5"-radius rosewood fingerboard
    • Two American Vintage '64 gray-bottom single-coil Telecaster pickups
    • Custom "Om" logo neck plate
    • Includes hardshell case

OS nice Tele, If I had the coin to spare I would jump all over that..

For anyone that has yet to feel a satin urethane rosewood neck, it is absolutely amazing!

I'll bet this particular guitar with it's chambered body and AV '64 pups, sounds sublime.

I guess I'm glad they don't make it into a lefty since I'm finally getting my finances in order. One day when I'm secure enough, I may get the custom shop to do one up for me.