Thread: Blues jam

Blues jam

Took my SG for another blues jam with the guys I'm playing with here in town.

Lots of fun!

Always good to share these things here, friends!

Keep on rawkin'!
    Last edited by S. Cane; 07-16-2017 at 09:00 AM.

Re: Blues jam

So you haven't heard the news about PhotoBucket yet, I guess. They're making everyone pay now. Sorry.

I'd really like to see that jam too! I hope you can get it hosted elsewhere, man.

Blues Jams can be great -

I have had the opportunity to run one for just over four years now, and it is a lot of work - but I am so glad I am part of it.

I hope you dig it and if I could make any objective comments - not having seen the video..... I see guys scurry in to play and leave just as quick. Staying and supporting other people, and the venue are huge. eating and drinking there helps in a big way, as does applause and networking.

Glad you have that there. One of my first experiences with a blues jam was playing with David Bromberg, and soon after, playing bass for his house band. You never know who you may meet, and where it may lead. Dave Mason even came in once and some of the Steely Dan band who were performing nearby that night.

its a good thing - I can't wait to see the video - did you post it on FB?
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

Damn! I will sort it out.

I've been running a jam session since March of this year at a local pub. I have tried to avoid calling it a "Blues Jam" since I have tried to get all local musicians interested in playing and, as a result, we've had complete bands play, finger pickin' guitar players play, blues musicians play, karaoke singers contribute, and even my son play (he's a ringer). We're trying to make this a jam session that all players are welcome to contribute to and it has been fun, fun, fun!

Ok, I just edited the OP with a valid google hosted picture of that jam.

Now, I had been using primarily my Gibson SG for these blues jams, as I was very much into using the humbuckers' extra output for beefing up my rhythm and lead lines with the rock n roll band (I now play in a blued band and a rock band. Different towns, different crew and different vibe).

Yesterday I came back to town with the GF after a pleasant trip to Joăo Pessoa, dropped her home and had just enough time to pick up a guitar, the pedalboard and drive to the studio for another blues jam with the boys.

I casually picked up my American Strat, as I hadn't picked her up in a couple of months now and missed it. Just wanted to get it to breathe some fresh air, you know.

Man, I plugged her in and damn, it's a fact of life to me: as much as I really dig my SG with those melting creamy 57s, I must confess that there's NOTHING like a pure Fender stratocaster plugged into a Marshall amp. I fall in love with this guitar whenever I play it live or jam loud enough with it. A standard SSS stratocaster is an immaculate and sublime guitar.
    The apotheosis of what a clean sounding guitar is all about.

Here's some pics of yesterday's jam:

Btw I decided to part with my Southern Cross Strat. I think I'm old enough not to waste my time with less than perfect guitars and my SG and USA Strat are the real deal to my hands and ears.
    Last edited by S. Cane; 07-16-2017 at 09:18 AM.

Looks like a blast Sergio.

Cheers!
    What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

Just for the sake of testing google pictures: can everyone see the pics all right?

Sergio - is that acoustic padding on the wall ? Curious
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

Quote Originally Posted by FrankJohnson View Post
    Sergio - is that acoustic padding on the wall ? Curious

Yes. These are studios we rent