Thread: Sunday Father's Day Thread

Sunday Father's Day Thread

It's going to be another hot and humid day today.

Happy Father's day to all you dads.

My daughter took me out for a coffee yesterday and made dinner for me last night.

If my Dad were still here, I'd call him and talk serious stuff, and then we'd get to silly stuff--he always enjoyed and encouraged my silly sense of humor, and I miss him so much.

Otherwise, I'm still writing, working on a song that came out of nowhere, something with a chorus you can sing along to. Well, I don't know if anyone will ever do so. I'm too old to "make it," but I keep writing, and if only a few people hear my songs and like them, that's good enough for me.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Sunday Father's Day Thread

Spending the day at my son-in-laws - fishing and eating. The wife is on a bender this weekend so I'm hoping I can keep her home...
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Good morning everyone!

Well' it's not father's day here but I do have a young daughter so I'll take the congrats!

Went to Natal with my new GF to attend a wedding and have a couple days of rest by the beach. We had a great time.

Nice, Sergio! New GF is a cutie! If that's "winter" in Brazil, you're doing OK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    Good morning everyone!

A very hazy humid and warm day up here in the Deep North. Had a good gig on Friday night, busy running around day yesterday - Mom's birthday and one of my niece's first singing recitals. Quiet day today. Had brekkie with some neighbourhood buds this morning. My daughter is at camp this weekend, so we'll see how Father's Day turns out! I'm not big on these types of celebrations (barely even celebrate my birthday anymore), so as long as I have a relaxing day, I'm good. Recovering from a head wound sustained last weekend and just got the stitches out, so no point in going too crazy today anyways.

There's some good sales going on at Canadian Tire, so I might just indulge myself later.

Happy Father's Day! I'm not sure how much we'll do today. We're having passing showers, some lightning nearby. My son swapped a new engine into his drift car. It ran well at first. Now it's running horribly and is giving us fits! He has an event on Saturday.

I got the Carvin VT50 head that I bought two weeks ago running while everyone else was sleeping this morning. I'll post pics of this repair job when I get them up loaded. I need to set the bias though I doubt I'll do that today.

I definitely got my warped sense of humor from my dad, much to the chagrin of my mom although she has to at least be somewhat entertained even if she doesn't want to admit it.

we just had a glorious streak of weather, as nice as it gets and now the warmth and humidity is crawling back in. Will probably be putting the a/c on in a little bit to try to dry it out a bit. Nothing major hot on the horizon after today and tomorrow, low to mid 80s before shifting back to upper 70s. Bike week had a hot start, a beautiful middle, a bit of rain friday and a relatively nice weekend to finish it out.

having some coffee before I go plug in while my sister takes my mom to church. saw a video of 'spoonful' being played on a cheap acoustic electrified and it inspired me.

*Later* eech, couldn't get anything to sound good today but it was me and not the gear. I couldn't even get the boom chicka to work on FPB. That's when you know it's bad

Happy Fathers day!!!

Got the girl's coming over for dinner this afternoon. Been nursing my left arm hurt it pretty bad at work last week moving a ladder that got caught on a tree limb. I should have stopped and got my helper to help but nooooo I can get it mind set kicked in tore some ligaments in my forearm and wrist going to the doctor tomorrow I hope it's not a game changer as far as playing goes..

Have a great day all!

Happy Father's Day everyone!

I went by mom and dads house for awhile.

I'm really trying hard to get a lot done this weekend as next week will be super busy.

UPS should deliver my new shifter Monday, Tuesday the new TV comes, Thursday is Mrs. Gator's neurologist appointment and in between work is crazy busy. We have more work pending than we have had in a couple of years.

Busy is good.

Be well my friends.

What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdog View Post
    Nice, Sergio! New GF is a cutie! If that's "winter" in Brazil, you're doing OK!!!
    Yeap! We don't really have a real "winter" time here in Northeastern Brazil. It's warm during winter and fall (though temperature does fall on occasion and it rains a bit), and warmer through spring and summer.

Wife stayed home so I had a pleasant afternoon of fishing with my step-son and his wife (and my sweet little granddaughter). Didn't catch anything but you know what they say about a bad day of fishing...

On the plus side Mrs. Junkie decided she needs rehab and I hope we can get her in tomorrow. Wish us luck!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

I had to work today, so my daughter could only wish me a happy. That's okay, we'll get together this week for dinner. I got to spend the day helping other dads celebrate with new running shoes, courtesy the family.

On another note, I'm happy to report that I'm spending more time with my six-stringed friends. Between my Trower and Gold Strats, I've been working on Trower's "About to Begin" (I am always amazed at how simple some really cool tunes are where you begin to get into them!). I'm home this week and then off again on business next week. As much as I like to travel, I find it puts crimps in both my running and guitar playing.

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    Wish us luck!
    Man, I hope she gets the help she needs. It's incredibly difficult to get off any addictive substance or drink. So good for her for reaching out for help. Best of luck!
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Good luck!

Wife stayed home so I had a pleasant afternoon of fishing with my step-son and his wife (and my sweet little granddaughter). Didn't catch anything but you know what they say about a bad day of fishing...

On the plus side Mrs. Junkie decided she needs rehab and I hope we can get her in tomorrow. Wish us luck!
    I've heard it said that people go into rehab because they have either seen the light, or felt the heat. I hope her choice is based on saving her ass and not her face.

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    I've heard it said that people go into rehab because they have either seen the light, or felt the heat. I hope her choice is based on saving her ass and not her face.
    I like to think it's all good, but who knows. We got her into a detox program and then she'll do a residential program for at least 28 days (hopefully more).

I like to think it's all good, but who knows. We got her into a detox program and then she'll do a residential program for at least 28 days (hopefully more).
    This is good news.

My best wishes.
    What happend?

It's a start. The best thing you can do now is be supportive but not overbearing. Often, people leave rehab because family and friends "hover" too much. Let her know you're on her side, but let the treatment pros do their job!

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post

It's a start. The best thing you can do now is be supportive but not overbearing. Often, people leave rehab because family and friends "hover" too much. Let her know you're on her side, but let the treatment pros do their job!
    You are right.

good luck to the mrs, GJ

It was touch and go for a while. I had to leave for Biloxi on Wednesday so I had to get her situated before I left. Between doctors not following up on stuff and insurance issues it was looking really bleak, but she was in a detox program on Monday night - and she switched to a rehab facility today. Insurance was denied at first but I think we worked it out. I hope to get a chance to go visit her tomorrow.

Sending my most positive vibes to the both of you.

Be well and take care of yourself too.

What happend?

Quote Originally Posted by CoyotesGator View Post
    Sending my most positive vibes to the both of you.

Be well and take care of yourself too.

What CG said.

Thanks for the good thoughts!