Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photo of the Guitar You're Playing the Most Lately

Re: Photo of the Guitar You're Playing the Most Lately

That 335 is a dream of mine too. I'd love one of those reissues with the block inlays.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

About six weeks into my relationship with a new Fender Starcaster Bass! Lovin' it. It's my No. 1.

My number one is still that USACG T-style that you've seen here many times before. It suits me. I don't have a good pic to post at the moment.

One of the reasons that I don't have an ES-335 is that I know the T-style would suit me more so I can't justify the expense. Still, I'd like an ES-335 for those times that you need an ES-335. My Epi ES-335 Pro and Carvin SH-645 get the semi hollow chores done for the time being.

When it comes to electric guitars there is only one I own so it would be the one I'm playing the most Lately, my '59 ES345 Gibson.

335 and 345--y'all ain't doing much to keep a feller from getting all GASsy.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by KennyF View Post
    I'm not sure that that's really our goal...

Let's see if I can fan the flames here...

Now, that's a pretty Gibson!

That does fan the flames. Ha ha. And it is certainly a beauty. (Takes a quick look at bank account....and decides extinguish the flames).

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    335 and 345--y'all ain't doing much to keep a feller from getting all GASsy.
    No kidding!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    When it comes to electric guitars there is only one I own so it would be the one I'm playing the most Lately, my '59 ES345 Gibson.

I'm not sure that that's really our goal...

Let's see if I can fan the flames here...

Love them all! Always wanted a blonde one. I have a 1998 Nashville 345 and a 2014 335 LemonBurst. I also have a 339 and a Collings I-35 Deluxe (solid top and one piece sides and back) though. Last pic is 339 stacked on I-35 stacked on 345 to show sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post

Oooh, that's nice! For several decades, my primary (but I only had two) guitar was a 1957 Gibson ES-225. It hasn't seen a lot of work lately, as I've been on a buying and trying kick for the past year.

Forum Member

renderit, I never get tired of seeing those...
    They are cool and sound great, but I ALWAYS wanted a REGULAR 335 and a 50's version of the 345 and 355. I always run into the weird ones when I am looking and the money burns right outta my hands. Now I have to stop buying. The Nashville is a 65 RI built in 98. It is MONO. A little strange. The Lemonburst is a 59 in structure so that is cool, but it is a little weird and came from the factory with Dimarzio 36th Anniversaries in it. I am going to change them to something else from the old parts box because I don't get the "wood" outta the DiMarzio's that I WANT. The 339 sounded and played like crap until I finally put a set of Wizz'es in it with a new harness. I still have to change the nut which was butchered by GC as it was a shelf queen for 2 years befare they gave it to me at way under 1/2 price. The Collings is beautiful and sounds awesome when you slam it but it is nothing like a 335. More like a 336. One piece top and one piece back.

Man, all these 335s are giving me a bad case of GAS. One of my guitar heroes was the late Alvin Lee, who was most famous for playing "Big Red," an ES-335 that he'd made a few mods to. I read that he could no longer tour with it, as it had become too valuable to insure.

There are some ES-335s available. Gibson made a Big Red tribute guitar, but they're running around US$5,000. On the other hand, a more basice 335 can be had for just over $2K.