Thread: Some new additions

Forum Member

Some new additions

I think I got all I need now. Here's a few newer additions since I have not been around.

Friedman Dirty Shirley Mini. Been too many peeps recommending this one to pass. I just bought it. Fantastic sounds, easy to dial in. Great from office to stage. Excellent CLEANS believe it or not. Marshallish crunch on tap in spades.

Fender Handwired '57 Pro. The 15" speaker in this SOUNDS SO GOOD! You NEED to hear a Strat, Tele or ANYTHING through a 15"! PURE HEAVEN. 20 some odd watts of awesome tone. I like it almost as much as...

Forum Member

Re: Some new additions

Clark Piedmont. Which sounds exactly like a 60 Bassman. Love the whole thing to death. I also have a Victoria 45410 which sounds like a '59 Bassman when it was only maybe 20 years old.

And a weird one. Komet 19. A Ken Fisher designed amp. REALLY different. Touch sensitivity at a whole new level. I mean, clear bell-like cleans with a soft touch to roaring squealing, sustaining dirt when pressed. (Maybe slight exaggeration, but not much).

I'll bring Newcastle and ribs, just tell me when!
    What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

Nice amps! I played a Dirty Shirley Mini and loved it! I'll bet I'd really love the Komet and the tweed amp always appeal to me.

Forum Member

That Komet plugged through the 15" is sexual. I have a JBL 15 that i need to build a cabinet for. But I need knee braces if I do it.

Yummm....Tweed Pro...
    "...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,
    shriveled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome, insects of the hour."

-Edmund Burke