Thread: Really Missed My Strat...

Forum Member

Really Missed My Strat...

December 18th the wife and I left for the Philippines for Christmas and new years. That meant I will be without my strat and amps for three weeks. Now i have a hand made acoustic guitar there but it is nothing like my acoustic here.
    Almost every day I played including a few songs for a wedding. But it isn't a soulful strat.
    The first night we were home, I got my guitar out and played for a couple hours. Man that thing played and sounded awesome. Ive been on a tone hunt for a while but taking a break and kinda resetting my ears made me realize my tone is pretty good.

Re: Really Missed My Strat...

I'm without a guitar for three weeks each summer. I hate it. Welcome btw.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I know the feeling! I went so far as to buy a travel/practice guitar, which has enabled me to take short trips and still practice in the quiet comfort of a hotel room.

In a couple of days I'm heading across the country on business. I'll be there the whole week. I debated going without, but then I realized I could check my suitcase (I'm granted one free checked bag) and load up my gig bag with t-shirts, socks, shorts and maybe a polo or two, that I could wrap around the guitar, thereby giving me extra carry-on capacity PLUS add protection to the guitar itself. Wonderful how some problems just seem to solve themselves!

And, welcome to TFF!

Forum Member

Thanks for the welcome guys. The international flights are quite comical. What some folks think is a carry on is beyond me. There were several guitars on our flights. By the way the prices on guitars in the philippines are very low. Think a few hundred lower on fenders, Jacksons etc.