Thread: 10 facts about Strats

10 facts about Strats

This was posted on Guitar World's gear page.

I know most of these to be true; any inaccuracies?

The video is worth watching for #1

If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Forum Member

Re: 10 facts about Strats

HI! First comment here-joined today; been hangin somewhere else. This may be a little off-topic, but best place I could figure out. What year did they stop making Chinese Squier SEs?
    I have an '07, so I think it's sometime between then and '14. HELP!
    thx,
    texred

Common facts, Can't see why they made a video about them except for the uninitiated , but at least facts none the less, there are other "facts" more interesting in the world of Stratocasters that could have been used..(JMO).

Quote Originally Posted by GregsGuitars View Post
    Common facts, Can't see why they made a video about them except for the uninitiated , but at least facts none the less, there are other "facts" more interesting in the world of Stratocasters that could have been used..(JMO).
    I think it is for the uninitiated. Everybody has to start somewhere in order to become a guitar freakazoid.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I remember a friend having an MIJ Strat copy in the very early '80s and there being so many mysteries- what was under the chrome bridge cover, how did the "whammy bar" work (he was afraid it'd break if you used it much), what was under the back plate, why did the pickups sound funky when you balanced the switch in between positions...