Thread: need help..

Forum Member

need help..

I got this on a trade and would like to know more about it

Re: need help..

To make up for the aesthetic train wreck, those pickups better sound brilliant.

Forum Member

they sound ok. but was looking to replace them.. I hate the way it look right now... but I basically got it for free

Forum Member

is a cheap fender or a Mid

Quote Originally Posted by beardedvet View Post
    is a cheap fender or a Mid
    I assume you meant "Is it a cheap..."

Well, you know for sure that the neck is from an American Standard made in 2012. That's not "cheap." It's a good neck.

No idea on the body: it's kind of an odd color, although maybe that's your camera or maybe Fender slipped one by me. I think they painted some MIM guitars that color, but this does have the AmSt two-point bridge. Still, that doesn't mean it's a Fender.

I'd need more pics of the insides, neck off, etc. But I don't need them to know I'd replace all the electronics and the pickguard.

Forum Member

I will get better picture.. thank you very much..

Judging by what I can see, it is indeed a 2012 American Standard neck, with original tuners. I am betting it has a micro tilt adjustment hole in the backplate as well...

I don't know about the body, the color does look a bit odd for an Am Std but it might be an aftermarket/swapped body, or maybe a refin (many people do that).

The bridge looks American too, the classic 2-point bridge that equips Am Std strats from the factory...

Forum Member

the color is jade pearl metallic

Looks like a cool am std to me - that could be a nice playing guitar.

That pickguard is asking for either a humbucker to be put in, or a change if you want to keep S-S-S in it.

I would think a cool pearloid poickguard would be nice on it, and if the pups in it now sound ok - you might could be done. the cool thing (aka genius of Leo) is - you can put about anything you want in or on it.
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

Forum Member

That appears to be a Jade Pearl Metallic 2012 AmStd. The guard would've been parchment or white/black/white. Original pups on the single coil models were Custom Shop Fat 50s. Some humbucker equipped models used Shaw 'buckers.

I have a '13 AmStd Tele in that same color. OPs pic isn't none too flattering but it may also be a love it/hate it color. I like mine. I own some higher end Fenders and the AmStd is every bit as good a player.

If you dont want it I'll pay the shipping and you can give it to me.