That sounds like a weird situation for sure. But at least you got what you wanted for a better price! Let us know how the Apogee works out for you....

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
Thanks for asking, dirtdog. I just got off the phone with eBay. After unsuccessfully trying to find a way to pay for my original purchase of the Apogee One, I was told to just let the sale roll off the expiration date and to call eBay again to make sure no negatives are applied to my account. I then turned around and successfully purchased another, at such a reduced cost that I could even pay for Square Trade coverage (like a warranty). It should be delivered between the 15th and 22nd of this month.

I've had an eBay account since 2000. I'm not a great trader (never sold, only bought), and I have a 100% user rating. But I've never encountered a situation where the seller was the problem. eBay isn't very helpful, either. Okay, I get it -- eBay is just the middleman between buyer and seller, but when a seller just goes belly-up, haywire or goes radio silent, it would seem their customer service could be just a tad more helpful.

Anyway, I have an Apogee One on the way. I'll still have to fold over on the failed transaction, but that's a minor bother and a lesson learned, I guess.