Thread: 5F10 Amp Review

5F10 Amp Review

Thought I'd share some comments I received from a recent sale on an amp that isn't too common out there.

Recently I sold my 5F10-A Harvard, and I just heard back from the new owner as to his experience. Since I don't play as much as field guitarists, I thought this is a good description of what these amps sound like to a more regular/seasoned player.

"I thought I would let you know after playing the amp more how much I love it.

It's brighter than I imagined. But I'm a Gold Top Les Paul Paul player so it's perfect. The tone knob is super usable. The output volume is just right for me.

The gain structure is right in my wheel house. It growls in the low end early on but is still tight and crunchy mid through highs. And when I dime it for gated fuzzy tones it stays tighter than other tweeds which makes it more usable.

All my guitars settings from volume knob, and switch, to tone knob have a variety of usable tones at all settings.

It's very well built as well."

This is the amp in question:

Good times!!!

Now on to a Princeton Reverb Reproduction...
    "...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,
    shriveled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome, insects of the hour."

-Edmund Burke

Re: 5F10 Amp Review

Hmmm....Seems like a spam ad for your amp business to me.

Yeah msn, GEEZ!!! I have to look at ANOTHER one of your amps? SMH
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Forum Member

I was wondering if we would ever get to see another one of your creations, thanks, TJ!

Quote Originally Posted by ampdan View Post
    Hmmm....Seems like a spam ad for your amp business to me.

I have no amp business.

My builds are for personal consumption.
    "...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,

-Edmund Burke

Since we're playing a bigger place tonight, I think KF may be busting out his Green Eagle and leaving the '66 PR at home...love me some Green Eagle!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdog View Post
    Since we're playing a bigger place tonight, I think KF may be busting out his Green Eagle and leaving the '66 PR at home...love me some Green Eagle!
    NICE!!! I think that's the only one up in Canada!

...not that there are that many out there to begin with.

-Edmund Burke