Thread: Differences in Size and Cut

Differences in Size and Cut

I've never had more than a moment's glance at a 50s or 60s Strat. Are the bodies of these roughly the same size as today's Strats, and is the cut much different from my 2008, 2011 AmStd Strats?
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Differences in Size and Cut

The silhouette is very similar if it's not the same. The radii, arm cut and belly cut have varied a lot over the years.

That's really great, Sergio. I've never seen those. The differences are fairly pronounced.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Great stuff, the neck pockets ,lip edge(s) around the neck have also have changed dramatically through the years.

btw the most "comfortable" strat from a contour perspective I have ever played was an E series squire MIJ. very similar to the old ones.

ironically made by Fujigen, not Fender.
    Last edited by pc; 01-21-2017 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Picking yet another fight

overall I find Strats to be the most comfortable guitars to hold while playing, slipperiness of pants leg material notwithstanding i.e. blue jeans usually good, gym shorts not so good

I've thought there were differences in the degree of arm cuts, belly cuts. Some of the carves look very flat and others more concave, some arm contour bout edges quite a bit 'sharper' than others. But still very comfortable. The MJT body I recently sold was so very nice to hold while playing. I love my les paul and tele but I miss the huggability of a stratocaster.

TFF Stage Crew

Quote Originally Posted by redisburning View Post

btw the most "comfortable" strat from a contour perspective I have ever played was an E series squire MIJ. very similar to the old ones.

ironically made by Fujigen, not Fender.
    PLEASE stop picking fights. I edited the first paragraph of your post, replaced now with an ellipsis, because you elected to personally attack another TFF member who had not even posted into this thread, putting words into his mouth and belittling him.

FYI: IMO, a moderator editing a post is a drag, and I hate doing it. But my other option is to let your post stand, let the other member see it and start fighting back with you, and then I'm left having to lock the thread or vault/delete it entirely, which robs other members of the opportunity to benefit from this thread, which, before your post, has been really interesting, informative and helpful.

To be crystal clear: the childish bickering is annoying and brings down the vibe of the forum, but if that's the most of what you have to offer us, I'll leave it to other members to let you know how they feel about it. Personal attacks, by contrast, will ABSOLUTELY not be tolerated.