Thread: Is anyone using a Line 6 M5 (or M9)?

Forum Member

Is anyone using a Line 6 M5 (or M9)?

I'm starting all over with my pedalboard. I was recently reading an article on the best multi-effects pedals, and I started digging more into the Line 6 M5, which came highly recommended. I've watches a couple YouTube videos and I must say I'm impressed. It sounds like the dirt pedal emulations are not too great, but the delays, choruses, and modulations are pretty great (especially as it can do everything a DL4 does, apparently).

Does anyone here own one, and have any cautionary tales? If not the M5, can you tell me anything about the M9? Cheers!
    Last edited by getup; 07-06-2016 at 09:05 AM. Reason: more details, adding reference to article

Re: Is anyone using a Line 6 M5 (or M9)?

I play with guys who own them, they're great for what they are. TONS of different sounds. I'm not bagging on them, because multi-fx (especially Line 6) have come a long way, even in just the past couple years.

If you want versatility, and have the $ to get one, then go for it.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Re: Is anyone using a Line 6 M5 (or M9)?

Late to the party, but if the OP is still around:

I use an EP Boost ahead of the preamp and a Line 6 M13 with expression pedal in the effects loop. I don't use any of the distortion/OD effects, but everything else (and I mean everything) sounds great, and your control over each model is fantastic. The ability to morph effects with the ex pedal is very cool, and being able to store complicated patches is the bomb.

Also, it's clean and quiet. I can't recommend it highly enough.