Thread: Cry Baby Min Wah

Cry Baby Min Wah

A couple of months ago I was in a local music store and asked if they had the Cry Baby Mini Wah. They didn'tso the guy looked them up in a catalog (a real paper catalog) and said they looked interesting and that he'd get some. I stopped by the shop last night and they had one on display so I asked if I could try it.

They guy pulled it out of the box and installed a battery and the wah didn't work! No sound at all when engaged! Luckily they had another. I really liked it. It felt a little odd under my foot and if I engage it with my toe right over the switch location I can't rock it all the way back- my foot has to be kinda centered over the whole pedal. The wah action is nice and it sounded good. After years of looking for the right wah, I was given a recent Cry Baby dump find and realized that I preferred the sound of a "modern" wah (I sold my Fulltone Clyde Deluxe)- this does that well with a little extra sweep and a choice of two other tone settings.

I carry my wah separately from my pedalboard. I don't like the feeling of a wah on a slightly raised, slanted board. I like to carry my guitar, amp and pedalboard in one trip if I can. The smaller size of this wah will help with that. It'll be great when I jam with friends and just want to bring a couple of pedal. It's tiny!

So far I've found one flaw- the switch it set too high and is easily switched off while using the wah. This is kind of a silly flaw. It just needs a washer or nut added. They've been in this business a long time. They should be able to set a wah switch up properly. They customer shouldn't have to fix this.

The only other "drawback" that I can see with this wah so far is it's use of surface mounted components on the PCB and non standard pot. It's not great for tinkerers. We'll see if it hold's up well.

Re: Cry Baby Min Wah

I meant to mention that this little wah works just fine under my size 12 foot.

Re: Cry Baby Min Wah

I just used this wah at a gig. It's my favorite out of the wahs that I've had. Great sound!