Thread: This Guy Arrived Today...

This Guy Arrived Today...

Treated myself to a little birthday gift:

Fun!!!

"...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,
    shriveled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome, insects of the hour."

-Edmund Burke

Re: This Guy Arrived Today...

A happy birthday indeed!
    What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

WOW! please don't forget my birthdays in Feb.. Enjoy that sound machine......
    How about a sound sample I love reverb......

Great little addition for a tweed amp. I have been pining for one of these pedals for awhile - sure I could have built a reverb unit, but I really wanted to try one of these COSM pedals.

I'll try to see about a couple sound clips soon.
    "...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,

-Edmund Burke

Sweet! Congrats.
    The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
    T. Roosevelt

Okay, there's a reason I build amps and don't perform - here are some noodles for a sound test. I've got a microphonic tube, too, sorry for the static.

Hello? Is this thing on?:

Clean

Light

Medium

Heavy

-Edmund Burke

That sounds great!

TFF Stage Crew

Sounds pretty springy to me. I like it

Thanks! Playing isn't anything to write home about...but I think I captured some of the sounds it's capable of.

I think I got it up to about 65% of the mixer and dwell for the heaviest.

-Edmund Burke

TFF Stage Crew

Hey I think you sounded just fine, & you didn't play the garden variety licks & chords so common to most players. Very jazzy. And I'm going to seriously consider one of those pedals. I had a super-pricey digital reverb unit on my board, but I used it so rarely I sold it for a cheaper model. It sounds like crap, lol
    The "spring" setting is especially bad. So I'm going to look for one of these-

Again, thanks. I just noodled some modal lines and a few chords - literally just had enough time to set up the mic and record a few before I had to leave again. Couldn't even get the recording levels set to where it wouldn't clip

The pedal is really nice. I mean, it's pretty versatile - you can go from light average reverb to drippy springy stuff on it. Perfect to throw in front of a tweed. Granted, I haven't had a real reverb unit to base it off of, but it's definitely different than the standard built-in BF reverb.

-Edmund Burke

OK, you have my attention.

Great demo!

Might I assume the amp is the Super, but what is the microphone?

The reverb sounds excellent.

Thanks for sharing.

What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

Quote Originally Posted by CoyotesGator View Post
    Might I assume the amp is the Super, but what is the microphone?
    Thank you! Yep, my Tweed Super and Ibanez AF-75.

The mic is a Samson Q1U USB mic connected to my iMac - recorded with GarageBand.

-Edmund Burke

Forum Member

I was hoping to pick up one of those a while back, TJ, but I found a deal on an RV-3, ($40 with a power supply). I needed something to add a little "twang" to a non reverb SS amp.
    I tried to talk myself into building a pedal with the small spring plastic tank, after hearing a demo clip, but I never got a "round tuit".
    Sounds like I would like something between "light", and "medium" with your pedal.

I had the BOSS '65 Deluxe Reverb pedal at one point years ago. It was interesting except for the COSM artefacts - random pinging noises, like somebody knocking a reverb tank a little bit. Does this pedal have the same sort of thing?

Hmm...no...not that I've heard yet. I'll keep an ear out for it though.

-Edmund Burke

Forum Member

how do you like that BOSS Fender reverb pedal ? Does it sound like a real tube driven spring reverb ?

TFF Stage Crew

If you drop it does it go "SPROINGGGGG"?

Forum Member

After hearing TJ's clips, I managed to get a deal on one of these. I haven't dropped it yet, but it is a lot easier to tweak with it's minimum knob compliment. Very realistic "Fender" type sound.

I think it's a pretty great pedal to have.

-Edmund Burke

I got one of those and I like it. I've owned fender amps with reverb and this sounds pretty damn good for a pedal without a massive outlay of money like a reverb tank would cost you.