Thread: George Rosewood Reissue--$12,000 a Pop

George Rosewood Reissue--$12,000 a Pop

I plan to build my own one day.

But this looks like a glorious repro.

http://www.fendercustomshop.com/feat...-Harrison-Tele
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: George Rosewood Reissue--$12,000 a Pop

Here's a direct link to the video on youtube

https://youtu.be/pk0tkuTu6ks
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

It costs $12,000?

Well, it's one HELL of a beautiful and iconic guitar, that's for sure, but I'm not sure I'd pay that sum of money for a reissue, no matter how good it was, even if I had three times my household income.

I agree, Sergio. I mean, those must be incredible guitars, but I'd make my own at a fraction of the cost and be just as happy with it. Of course, with my skills, it would come out looking like a Pete Townshend Strat after he splintered it...

These guitars aren't marketed to us, look at the price of the Gilmour Strat! They're for collectors and Dr's or Lawyers who have too much $ and don't know what to spend it on...
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Quote Originally Posted by chuckocaster View Post
    These guitars aren't marketed to us, look at the price of the Gilmour Strat! They're for collectors and Dr's or Lawyers who have too much $ and don't know what to spend it on...
    This is true. It seems silly to me that Fender wouldn't make a George Tele a production job--each new generation wants one. At $1699, they could sell truckloads.

Except they're ALWAYS behind the curve! How long did it take them to make a Tweed Deluxe? While everyone else was cashing in?
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

I wonder why they changed the logo.

Forum Member

Beautiful guitar, but that is a rich persons toy. Yesterday i paid $600 for a used but clean highway one telecaster. I thought that was a lot o dough. My ears could prolly hear the $14,400 difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav-ler View Post
    Beautiful guitar, but that is a rich persons toy. Yesterday i paid $600 for a used but clean highway one telecaster. I thought that was a lot o dough. My ears could prolly hear the $14,400 difference.
    Def for people with disposable income--or someone who has always had that guitar as the number 1 dream.

I love my Beatley Ric and Hofner, but I don't care if they're the exact things--they get ballpark for what I want. Now, if Ric put out a total replica of Macca's Ric in 1967, I might go for it because that has been my dream bass ever since I started burning for gear, over 40 years ago.

Forum Member

Certainly being in love with an icon is a valid enough reason to own it or a replica. You can't take the money with you when you leave your body behind. May as well enjoy what you love while your here. I have not a had a chance to play the Tele much, but the tonight it will get a work out. To me this Tele feels like an acoustic guitar. It's a feeling I like. When I play my strat I feel like I am in a huge learning curve trying not to play it like an accoustic guitar. The strat likes to be treated like a woman it likes to be treated Tenderly then it sings.

There's nothing shabby at all about your guitar. Plenty of players out there who choose those over more expensive models.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    There's nothing shabby at all about your guitar. Plenty of players out there who choose those over more expensive models.
    I had a chance to play it for a few hours. I like it. I'm a little afraid to say it, but I think i like it more than my Stratocaster. I like the feel of the thicker neck and the height of the strings above the body. It has a different tone than a strat too. I can see why many people like the Telecaster. They're very nice instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav-ler View Post
    I had a chance to play it for a few hours. I like it. I'm a little afraid to say it, but I think i like it more than my Stratocaster. I like the feel of the thicker neck and the height of the strings above the body. It has a different tone than a strat too. I can see why many people like the Telecaster. They're very nice instruments.
    I bought a 2011 AmStd Tele and thought it'd be my back up. Turned out to be my main guitar in the band I was in at the time. I played it through a DRRI and my Marshall, and it was just all rock and roll. I love Teles.

Forum Member

I bought a 2011 AmStd Tele and thought it'd be my back up. Turned out to be my main guitar in the band I was in at the time. I played it through a DRRI and my Marshall, and it was just all rock and roll. I love Teles.
    This particular Tele has noiseless single coil player pickups installed by a previous owner. They are fatter and louder sounding than the pickups in my USA standard strat. I have google this and cannot find the answere. Maybe you might know this. Are these pickups somewhat resistant to helping the amp breakup and sound gritty or are there better pickups to get a gritty vintage sound? By the way they do get gritty sounding without the aid of a pedal similar to my Stratocaster.

I had noiseless in my Tele and just didn't get them to sound like I wanted. Instead, i put in Fender 57.62s that have given me my Tele dream sound. They do both smooth and gritty and both sound excellent. I like a lot of twang, and I've got that in spades.

Forum Member

I had noiseless in my Tele and just didn't get them to sound like I wanted. Instead, i put in Fender 57.62s that have given me my Tele dream sound. They do both smooth and gritty and both sound excellent. I like a lot of twang, and I've got that in spades.
    Thanks good to know. I will look into those type pickups.