Thread: FENDER TELECASTER back plate

Forum Member

FENDER TELECASTER back plate

Hi guys,

I am new here. I have question and I need advice. I could buy this fender tele but I don't know is it original, hope you could help me. It saids Fender Telecaster Custom shop and everything looks ok except the price and the backplate. The price is a bit low and a back plate is blank. The serial nuber says it is Corona California 2000. Here is the link with photos.

http://www.kupujemprodajem.com/big-photo-29021773-1.htm

The seller is totaly ok, he is not sure is it original. Can anyone tell me for sure is this original Fender USA Telecaster?

Thank you.

Re: FENDER TELECASTER back plate

Not Custom shop. Not even American made. Some obvious tip offs are the decals, the truss rod plug, the heel shape, the shape where the headstock meets the shaft of the neck... There are other, more subtle details.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Not Custom shop. Not even American made. Some obvious tip offs are the decals, the truss rod plug, the heel shape, the shape where the headstock meets the shaft of the neck... There are other, more subtle details.
    Thank you

Forum Member

Definitely fake...

Someone went decal crazy on that one.

The USA 'Zxxxxx' number would not be on the same head stock with a Custom Shop decal.

Steer clear unless it's selling at a 'steal me' price and you like it.