Thread: NBD - Yamaha BB714BS Used

NBD - Yamaha BB714BS Used

Ok - So a couple of weeks ago, I had an awesome opportunity to play with Bob Margolin, Debbie Davies and Albert Castiglia to close our bluesfest - I was absolutely awed and honored. Great players - great peoples!!

I say that to say this
    Mr. Scott Spray had let me use his bass to play and again - I was honored!

He ususally uses a BB 3000 I believe, but had the 714bs as his road bass.
    It felt great, and sounded just as good! I couldn't get over how good it felt, and how easy it was to get a "ME" tone.

I found one at Wilmington De Guitar Center, and was able to do an even up trade for a P Bass I had that has a neck that is just a shade too wide for me.
    I couldn't get over how many tonal possibilities there are with the 714, it is a superior instrument, and isn't even one of their more expensive offerings. It was setup for me right off the wall, and even came with teh original gig bag.

I absolutely love this thing. Can't wait to gig it next week and take it for a check drive.

Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

Re: NBD - Yamaha BB714BS Used

Here is a video of Scotts bass, this was the moment I was hooked!
    Kenny Belmont

Hey, congrats. I bet it will be a blast to play.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Really enjoyable vid--thanks.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Very cool.
    What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

thanks - Its a really nice player.

BTW - THAT is Pro Level Wankery!!!
    What a BLAST!
    Kenny Belmont

So I could write this up as a guitar center story - and maybe I will.......

I finally got around to adjusting my setup on this a couple of weeks ago - and found that the truss rod had issues, and that there were two cracks in the grain on back of the neck.
    DAMN!!!! This bass has the BEST neck of all of mine - ALL of them.....A L L of them ! ! !

I love the tone, flexibility and versatility (Same thing?) of this bass.

I called guitar center where I got it, and told them about it - spoke with a different manager than I did before - so I had no Idea what I was in for.

He put me on hold while he "Checked something out"

He came back and said - "ken I can do one of a couple of things for you......"
    he gave me the choice of trading back for my original bass I traded in - it was still in stock, or....... he found a same model bass in one of their other stores. He offered to hold mine until it came in and I could trade even up for either, or keep the one I had - all depending on the condition of the other one, and what I wanted. You know...... Like REAL customer Service!!!

I have had nothing but positive dealings with the Wilmington Delaware GC - I just wish I I didn't' have to drive an hour to get there!

I went and picked up the new (to me) bass yesterday - was missing a truss rod cover, and the gigbag was a nice roadrunner bag, but not the original yamaha bag like I had with the first one. He told me keep the yamaha bag, if nothing else, to offset the gas for having to drive up again. I asked about the truss cover - and they handed me Phillips and said go ahead and grab it - so I did. He also told me he knew how much I liked the neck on this, and offered that when he found out what the disposition of this bass would be, he would call to let me know - in case I wanted to try to salvage it.

I was pretty wowed that they took good care of me.

Chuck - that is where I was when you called......
    then off on family errands......with missus
    Kenny Belmont

Hey, man. I'm glad it worked out for you. Congratulations. It's nice to hear that you got good customer service.