Thread: Twin with no vibrato..

Twin with no vibrato..

Greetings...new guy here. A little help, please. 1971 Twin has no vibrato. I replaced V5, now footswitch works, and roach light blinks. I can hear the clicking , but there is no actual vibrato mix going out. Just strait . Reverb is good. Any ideas, parts ? I can solder, have diagram and schematic. Thanks, I appreciate your help. Bob

Re: Twin with no vibrato..

Quote Originally Posted by rexyellowdog1 View Post
    Greetings...new guy here. A little help, please. 1971 Twin has no vibrato. I replaced V5, now footswitch works, and roach light blinks. I can hear the clicking , but there is no actual vibrato mix going out. Just strait . Reverb is good. Any ideas, parts ? I can solder, have diagram and schematic. Thanks, I appreciate your help. Bob

Dumb question, but is the footswitch plugged in and operating?
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    Dumb question, but is the footswitch plugged in and operating?
    Hey, thanks for asking. There are no dumb questions. I really appreciate your response. Footswitch works. I first had nothing, I replaced V5, now have on / off, light flashing, and I can hear ticking. Speed pot works, just no intensity. I'm gonna do some simple checks today, like resistors, and a couple voltages.

Just an update ; after checking the resistors, and throwing in a few new caps, I tested the voltage on the varistor side of the opti couple / roach. Was solid, no movement at all. Ordered a roach from Tube Depot, will let you know the outcome. When I install it. Thanks for your interest. Bob

TFF Stage Crew

Yes, please post what you find out-