Thread: Reunited and it feels so good!

Reunited and it feels so good!

Just got my old (1st-year reissue; '93 I think) Tube Screamer TS9 back from its second switch repair.

It stopped working mid-gig a few months back and I figured that I would just replace it with something (I thought) cooler.

I bought a Plush Cerberus Tri-mode Overdrive, which sounded great at the store. Well, it sounded great at home and it sounded great live - but a different great each time. Try as I might, I couldn't get the thing dialed in consistently so I was continually bending over to tweak it. It's got a lot of great sounds in there.

I generally set up my TS9 for a lighter overdrive which complements my dirtier Super Overdrive nicely. Could NOT achieve that same mid-hump tone with the Cerberus.

Finally, I broke down and had my TS9 repaired. It needed a bit of work besides the switch, so I took it to a repair guy. $30 later, and I placed it back on the board, set my controls the way I like 'em, and voila! There was my sound!

Cerberus is going on Craigslist. And the new Rat that I bought. Sometimes, sticking with the things you know, instead of variety, is the true spice of life. :)

"I'm gonna find myself a girl
    that can show me what laughter means
    And we'll fill in the missing colors
    In each other's paint-by-number dreams..."

Re: Reunited and it feels so good!

Great pedal!

I love Ibanez pedals, but the switches seem to fail a lot. Oh, and them using a screw as the ground for the circuit drives me crazy!!! I've fixed quite a few where the screw had either come loose or broken the board. I just solder on a wire and run it to one of the jacks.

And while there has been a lot of new good sounding OD pedals, I'll take a TS and RAT any day of the week. They just work for me, simple and good.

I might be interested in that RAT if you're looking to sell it, I'll shoot you an email.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

The Rat is my fave of all OD pedals I've played.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I have used the same TS-9 since I got it used in 1982. Now I have 2 pedal boards and I have been using a Soul Food on the second one. I really like that pedal.
    A good, screaming Strat just might be the greatest guitar sound of all..... -Slash