Thread: NOS Tubes?

Forum Member

NOS Tubes?

Hi guys.
    I'm looking for a pair of Sylvania 6L6GC's.I've never bought NOS valves/tubes before!
    Could anyone point me in the direction of someone/somewhere reliable please?
    I'm also looking for NOS carbon comps screen grids(470ohm 2 watt)again any help would be much appreciated.
    Thank you.

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Re: NOS Tubes?

I usually find what I need on Ebay. Steve at Angela Instruments was selling matched pairs and quartets of mil-spec Sylvania 6L6GC's......you might try there.
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Forum Member

Thank you phantomman.
    Is this a UK site?
    I found an ebay uk site with the same name.I gave them an email.
    I have only ever seen a few of the Sylvania 6l6's and they are all in the US.I'm hoping to get the ones with the double halo getters.
    Me being in the UK the postage is fairly expensive and I'll have to pay a customs charge too so a UK site would be great.
    Edit:There is a US and a UK one both with the same name and both selling vintae ampo/guitar parts etc.

Here is the link...

http://www.angela.com/matchedpairjan...uitaramps.aspx

HTH. BTW These are great tubes. Some of my favorites.

T2

Forum Member

Thanks for that link.I'm hoping to find the same kind that were originally in my Boogie Mark 2B.They were Sylvania 6L6GC with the double halo getter.
    P.s I'm having real difficulty finding Carbon Comp screen grids.I need the 470 ohm 2 watt ones.
    Could anyone in the UK point me in the right direction or does anyone have any they could sell?
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks.
    P.s Has anyone tried any ofthe new CC's and if so how do they compare to the NOS ones?