Thread: Help -- Board nearing completion 'but'

Help -- Board nearing completion 'but'

Hi all again,
    I sure have learned a lot in the last month or so when it comes to pedals and cables, power sources, and credit card bills. The good news is that I'm real close to having something cool. Here's the problem: what I don't know about yet is how to clean up noise. I have the shortest cables, the basics are covered, but I need a pedal to take out some hum. The thing is I don't want a gate; you can do that with your volume control. There are some pluses to a gate, but I like my dynamics. What I need is something for the Dyna Comp and distortion area toward the front of the board. BTW, I haven't yet built the board because I'm waiting on a Soul Food and whatever I end up using for noise. I have 12 pedals, seems like a lot, but I actually have more than that, that won't be used. What have you guys been using at the end of your chain other than a gate? There has to be something to cut down the hum worthy of a spot on the board. Any ideas? Thanks very much.
    Sincerely,
    Mike

Re: Help -- Board nearing completion 'but'

What are you using to power your pedals? That can add some noise, wall warts especially so.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"