Thread: pedal board.

pedal board.

Hi all,
    I realize finally that I need a pedal board. To be honest I'm not the most skillful at making things myself. I know guys make their own pedal boards and wish I could. The problem is that many of my older pedals are big; I could get a smaller version, for example instead of using my old Fuzz Face I could get a new smaller one, but heck, I like the big old one, same with the old Univibe I have. Those things were around before pedals were designed to fit nice and neat next to each other. What could I do? Could I get something for the conventional pedals and use two pedal boards... do people do that? After just getting a looper, a trem and a new Neo reverb -great pedal- I have too many to fit in an 8 pedal board. I figure I'm not finished. I better get an EQ and a noise gate making about a dozen pedals, plus the big old ones. How would using two boards be? It wouldn't be as heavy, maybe just daisy chain the boards? And to make one, if I got daring, is all you need an octopus ( is that what you call them?) something to use with your own power supplies. I have so many of those things I really ought to use them unless they make noise. I'm overwhelmed with this, not even knowing where to start. I matched a working power supply to each pedal yesterday then called Musician's Friend. A guy said to buy a Behringer. I always thought they were cheap, but how bad could they screw up a pedal board. Any ideas. This could get costly if I'm not careful. Thanks very much for any suggestions. Sincerely, Mike

Re: pedal board.

If you plan on carrying this stuff around with you, I'd try to stick with one large board.
    I'd rather carry a larger, heavier case than make more trips. That's just me.

GFS (Guitar Fetish) used to have fairly cheap pedal boards, including some pretty large ones.
    They were just cases with velcro on the bottom of the inside, could be arranged any which
    way. I just checked, and it doesn't look like they have them anymore. Someone has to be
    carrying those type of boards though - (to my knowledge) GFS doesn't make any of their stuff,
    but just bought wholesale and sold retail. Check around.

Hope this helps, even a little bit.

Re: pedal board.

I've put together some big Home Depot -sourced pedalboards and currently have one that's built into a road case, but am really eyeballing those Holeyboards. They look really well-designed and I dig the zip tie idea. I'm so over Velcro.