Thread: Blacktop Jaguars & Jazzmasters.

Blacktop Jaguars & Jazzmasters.

I'm surprised to see that there isn't already a thread for these models. They are priced as "entry level" models & although they are only Jags & Jazzmasters in shape I think they fill a distinct niche in Fender's product range. I tried one of the Chinese built Modern player Jaguars a couple of months ago, which refuelled my GAS for a P90 equipped guitar and I just happened to find a used (MIM) Blacktop Jaguar 90 in good condition in a local guitar shop recently. I'm loving it ! it really fills that gap between a Strat & a Les Paul or PRS beautifully. There is still enough "twang" on a clean amp to tell it's a single coil design, but it's a much fuller sound than my Strats. Add a bit of crunch and it's straight into Les Paul Special territory. For the money, this is a seriously good guitar !
    Has anyone any experience of the HB equipped blacktops?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dtvavi...s/16680298511/

When You point your finger 'cause your plan fell through, you've got 3 more fingers pointing back at you.

Re: Blacktop Jaguars & Jazzmasters.

Only Blacktop I've played was a Strat, it was ok. I'm not putting them down, just not my cup of tea. I agree though that they fill a niche, I know plenty of guys who dig that kind of stuff.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Re: Blacktop Jaguars & Jazzmasters.

Not a blacktop but I love my Jaguar.
    I had both a VM Jazzmaster (with the big P90's)
    and a VM Jaguar HH
    ---they had mechanical issues and M.F> swapped out the HH JAg for my current Surf Green Beastie

The Epiphones share a wall----the Jaguar gets her own ;)

The Fender Blacktop is made in Indonesia for the Money I would snag (as low as 152.00 on a return blem at M.F. right now) Squire VM HH Jag. you can swap pups if ya like.....but essentially they are the same guitar---different name on the headstock..... Just MHO
    The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
    T. Roosevelt