Thread: Score!! CV Content

Score!! CV Content

Saw a CL ad for a Classic Vibe strat,asking $125 obo with gig bag.I figured it was gone,but emailed anyway.The seller still had it,and agreed to hold it for me!
    He took $100 for it....this is a nice guitar.I changed the jack to a Switchcraft,and will be ordering CTS pots and an Oak Grigsby switch.Stock pups sound good and read well (from neck to bridge:5.57k,5.73k,and 5.87k),but may be getting choked by cheap electronics.
    This is my 2nd CV strat,had a beautiful sunburst before and flipped it.The neck on this one is fuller than the burst one,feels nice.The plastic was still on the guard and backplate!

Only bruise---
    "My flesh and my heart fail...but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
    PS. 73:26

MY JAMS--
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

Re: Score!! CV Content

I love that color! I had a Strat Plus in a similar color.

Very cool!
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

I'd take it to the dance.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

CONGRATS! Excellent score...

Old Rockers never die; we just fade away!
    会長

yow! good score is an understatement. you stole that.

I've recently succumbed to GAS in the form of Guitar Assembly Syndrome. My most recent build was a CAR squier body and a rosewood squier neck. I originally bought the body with the idea of putting my CS neck on it. Alas, the CS neck was too large to fit in the pocket and I wasn't about to sand either one to make it fit. So back to the bay and got me a neck. Put it together and found the trem arm wasn't the right one. Seller was gracious enough to have Fender drop ship me the correct one, which went in like a charm.

for less than tree fiddy, I got me a nice strat with a tremolo arm again. Haven't put it on a scale yet, my guess is 7lb 4 oz. Loud acoustically, and for the first time, I think I finally hear the spring 'reverb' when playing unplugged. After all those years of playing hard tail strats and teles and esquires.

My next goal is to learn how to float the trem bridge, right now it is decked and only goes down in pitch. I have no idea whether is it 2 point or 6 point pivot so that is my next learning experience. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, it is my first red guitar. And it's twue, it's twue. They are louder.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    yow! good score is an understatement. you stole that.

I've recently succumbed to GAS in the form of Guitar Assembly Syndrome. My most recent build was a CAR squier body and a rosewood squier neck. I originally bought the body with the idea of putting my CS neck on it. Alas, the CS neck was too large to fit in the pocket and I wasn't about to sand either one to make it fit. So back to the bay and got me a neck. Put it together and found the trem arm wasn't the right one. Seller was gracious enough to have Fender drop ship me the correct one, which went in like a charm.

for less than tree fiddy, I got me a nice strat with a tremolo arm again. Haven't put it on a scale yet, my guess is 7lb 4 oz. Loud acoustically, and for the first time, I think I finally hear the spring 'reverb' when playing unplugged. After all those years of playing hard tail strats and teles and esquires.

My next goal is to learn how to float the trem bridge, right now it is decked and only goes down in pitch. I have no idea whether is it 2 point or 6 point pivot so that is my next learning experience. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, it is my first red guitar. And it's twue, it's twue. They are louder.
    Nice!
    "My flesh and my heart fail...but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
    PS. 73:26

MY JAMS--
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

If it is a six screw trem, just raise the inner screws or take them out. It's not like you need them for strength or even locating the bridge. Nice looking geetar by the way!
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"