Thread: Johnny Marr Signature Jaguar - Anyone tried it?

Johnny Marr Signature Jaguar - Anyone tried it?

Sorry of this has been covered but I searched and did not find a a thread so... I recently had an opportunity to play the relatively new Johnny Marr signature Jaguar and I have to say I very much liked the sound and feel of it. The neck is slightly wider than most Fenders I have played and the trem arm was the best I have used other than a Bigsby. A wide range of sounds can be had from it as well so all and all I found it to versatile, well playing guitar. Anyone else had a go?
    Last edited by Biggles58; 04-14-2012 at 02:33 PM.

Re: Johnny Marr Signature Jaguar - Anyone tried it?

Hmmm, so no one then?

Re: Johnny Marr Signature Jaguar - Anyone tried it?

I'm scared to try it. I need less guitars, not more. They have one here in Rochester at the House of Guitars...anyway, it looks awesome to me, but I've got a Classic Player Jazzmaster already.

A Jaguar or Jazzmaster is kind of a niche instrument - even though I think they're cooler in theory that Strats and Teles, there's no denying Jags and JMs together don't capture 1/10 of the market share of either Strat or Tele.

The Marr Jaguar looks to be an extremely well thought-out update to the Jag's original feature set - although there will be those who prefer the old, much-more-flexible control set even though in practice it was difficult to use.

"I'm gonna find myself a girl
    that can show me what laughter means
    And we'll fill in the missing colors
    In each other's paint-by-number dreams..."