Thread: Help Identifying CS PU's

Help Identifying CS PU's

I recently bought a Standard MIM Strat.

I was replacing the pickguard w/ a white pearl 3 ply. I had assumed that the PU's were stock when i bought it, but when i took off the PG, I saw this:

Can anyone tell me what PU's these are?

Thanks..

Re: Help Identifying CS PU's

I have what looks like exactly the same pups under the hood in my Squier silver series strat, been told by the seller that they are Texas specials, but i´m not sure!
    I would be grateful if someone could enlighten me too

Could be fat 50'S mebbe TS, hard to tell without hearing them. Even then your gonna get as manny opinions as players. If they sound good to you that's all that matters in the end.

I'd guess you could tell easiest by lifting the hot lead on the bridge pickup, and measuring the DC resistance. That one usually varies the most between sets. Whether it's noise cancelling in 2 and 4 would also help narrow it.

If I had to guess, the Texas Specials are probably the most common replacement strat pickup set Fender sells. Why, I don't know.
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks

Here's what I got from the Fender forum:

Hard to say with certainty but I can tell you what they aren't: They're not Fat '50s, Texas Specials, nor Tex-Mex......those sets all feature a RW/RP middle pickup which is characteristically marked with yellow and black lead-in wire. Likewise they aren't SCN's, Lace Sensors, Vintage Noiseless, nor any of those types. That narrows the possibility down to the CS '54s, the CS 57/62's, and the CS 69's. You might take some measurements of each pickup with a DVM then compare your results with the published specs for each of these sets.

HTH

Um, this is The Fender Forum. Look at the top of the page, and the address bar.

Any resemblance to pay-to-play sites, living or dead, is purely non-intentional.
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks

TFF Stage Crew

Are the poles beveled on the top?

CS '54s as far as I can see, pictures from the magnet poles wil help further identifiing them. (collor and stagger)
    CS '69s have grey bobbins and Texas Specials usually have a red and blue dot (Bridge and Neck PU), Fat 50ies have a Yellow wire from the middle PU (RW/RP) GREAT PU's BTW!! those 54s.