Thread: MXL Mic Mate Pro ??

MXL Mic Mate Pro ??

Any users? I'm curious if the Mic Mate Pro will allow headphone monitoring of existing tracks while recording.

The Shure X2U will and has a control to adjust the monitor level against the mic side tone.

I'm looking at both of these products to put in our audio announce booth. Mic > USB > Audacity > .wav and transfer the .wav files to our non linear editors.

TT
    On SmartPhones:

"Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But That only permitted other men with machines to enslave them." Frank Herbert.

Re: MXL Mic Mate Pro ??

Found my answer. It can monitor tracks and record simultaneously but you have to use the recording software PB level adjust and balance that against the MXL's headphone level adjustment. A bit more cumbersome seeming than the Shure.

Still, I'm interested in opinions of users here, if any.

TT
    On SmartPhones:

"Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But That only permitted other men with machines to enslave them." Frank Herbert.

Gravity Jim

My only caveat is to make sure that the USB ports on the computer in question provide enough power to run the mic. Many USB mics and convertors will simply refuse to work on low-power 100ma ports.

Lisa's using this one with good results. It even accepts an outside signal, perfect for blending another stereo signal with the VO on the fly.

http://www.fullcompass.com/product/335861.html

Thanks. Yes I'm looking at system board USB power specs also.

I won't be needing phantom power for the mic, an EV RE20, but would like to use the headphone amp feature. If that's an issue, I have rack mounted headphone amplifiers.

TT
    On SmartPhones: