Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old Timey Good Time

Re: Old Timey Good Time

That's not how they play things here - they'll get back to him, one way or the other...

"I'm gonna find myself a girl
    that can show me what laughter means
    And we'll fill in the missing colors
    In each other's paint-by-number dreams..."

Thanks RJ, I was just getting a little sideways over his situation. Good News though! I have an interview tomorrow morning at 9. Sounds like a good situation for me being a short term (Sept/Oct) finish with decent rate of pay. After that I can coast till unemployment runs out. Also, I have a chance of going 1099 again for about 20 hrs. per week @ $45/hr.
    If, at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving.
    Two leaps per chasm is fatal!

Who's the interview with? Is it Gillespie? I gave him your name.

As for Eagle - I've been told it's not uncommon for them to take ten days to two weeks to get back to someone with an offer - plus which the bosses were all out of the office today (and most of tomorrow) for some trade show.

Yeah, it was with Geoff Barrow, CEO of Gillespie Associates. We had a great talk and chatted about you and other folks we both knew. The project he wanted to fit me into would have been a good one but I backed out because it needs a really experienced FrameMaker type and I told him I was the one who told people to do it in Frame, not the one who actually did the work so I wouldn't be the best one to pick for it. He is also expanding into other disciplines and we talked about me coming in and facilitating the expansion process-wise and helping determine the efficiencies that would make his company the top choice for that kind of work. He will be interviewing Greggy soon. He is genuinely a real good guy and knows where he is headed with the business. In fact he told me he felt like he was talking with a peer when talking to me today. Made me feel real good. I also felt real good about turning down the job rather than bull shipping my way into it and then hoping I can get it done. Don't need the stress anymore.
    More updates as they occur.

OK, In the park home run! He got an offer, kind of, from Eagle part time (20 hrs) for three or four weeks then a keep or save decision. Also, he had an interview today and has another one tomorrow. Maybe one of them will be a real offer without all the farting around happening here.

My case though is that I think I'm doomed to be a babysitter the rest of my working life. That's only a couple years I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    OK, In the park home run! He got an offer, kind of, from Eagle part time (20 hrs) for three or four weeks then a keep or save decision.
    Sweet! That is how I got in over here! And, at the very least, it's some decent $$ coming in and helping the bottom line, and saving the unimployment wages for a rainy day ('cause they run out sooner or later).

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    My case though is that I think I'm doomed to be a babysitter the rest of my working life. That's only a couple years I hope.
    You never know... I think you'd be a good fit for Gillespie in the New Year...when the expansion happens. Hang in there!

JB

Damn! I typed up this long update with thanks to all and lost it somewhere before it got posted. Now, I'm out of time. I'll redo it later.

OK, Got a minute. Greg got converted from part time to full time starting today. It took six weeks of him sitting around down there hoping someone would give him some work to do and he averaged about 20 hours a week. There were times when he sat there all day for no pay. I wouldn't have put up with that but I guess things have changed in the workplace. His patience paid off. His pregnant wife ended up missing the pink slip but will be moved to a different school. That only means I have to pack up her stuff and move it from one school to another. No big deal. So.............. all has worked out thanks to the prayers of many and the mojo supplied from the rest of you guys. My heartfelt thanks goes out to all of you.

Excellent!
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks

Gravity Jim

Good news is good! Glad things are looking up for your family, Mikey.

Nice to hear someone's getting good news.

I'd be stunned just to get news.
    "Well, I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused..."
    Elvis Costello