Thread: Repro / Replica parts

Forum Member

Repro / Replica parts

Hi! I am jonesing with building a few 50's repro strats for myself, and would like to know where to source proper replica parts for the hardware, plastic, etc...

I am certain you guys have a lot more experience than me at this, and could enlighten me on the topic. Thanks!

TFF Stage Crew

Re: Repro / Replica parts

That's a long list, depending on just how picky you are. Allparts & WD are two companies that make "turn-key" bodies & necks, & I think even Warmoth has finished parts for sale.
    If you really want to get down & dirty, USACG will make you about any neck profile you can think of.
    I don't think I've ever seen an aftermarket body anywhere that had accurate contours, though. Especially the front.

Forum Member

Thanks for pointing me out ACG necks and bodies. What are then the best sources for plastic and hardware?

Apart from the necks and bodies, I'd go with genuine Fender parts. They're readily available and not a whole lot more expensive than the off brands.

Forum Member

Most of the Fender parts, however, are not accurate representations of the vintage parts: as an exemple, they do not sell short skirt volume and tone buttons, pat. pend. saddles, etc...

TFF Stage Crew

I'd say that it depends, really. Of course there is cheap aftermarket stuff that may or may not fit, but then there are boutique makers like Callaham & others that make parts that are better than current Fender RI parts. Saddles & blocks & stuff. You pay a lot of dough for these.
    Right now I'm looking for a bunch of three-spoke knobs for my Strats. I don't like the hard plastic ones that come from Fender & most other manufacturers.

Forum Member

71818, Thanks for pointing out Callaham. This is the kind of parts I am looking for. Any consensus on other vendors? How do USACG compare with Musikraft bodies and necks, otherwise?

TFF Stage Crew

USACG necks are top drawer, seriously. They have a little hook on the headstock to prevent copyright infingement, bt that is easily altered to replicate an old-school Fender headstock dead on. And to me it is worth the small effort. Nobody else is going to give you a neck like USA Custom. I have a number of them.

Forum Member

71818, Thank you very much for guiding me through this, as I am a newbie when it comes to doing anything more than playing.

Other than Callaham's, as far as the other parts go, who would you recommend?