Thread: Fender Hot rod de ville problem

Fender Hot rod de ville problem

Hi guys. I wonder if any of you can help re a query.
    A pupil of mine just bought a hot rod de ville. 1x 12. The guy who had it, only used it a few times and it's been sat in a bedroom for about two years, so it's not been thrashed.
    The clean channel is fine, but as soon as you channel switch you get all sorts of noises.
    I thought it might be the input valves, so changed all three of them to see if it made a difference. It did, but just made the weird sound weirder.:laugh2:
    Turn up the gain to max 12 with master volume on and it's quiet. Nothing effecting the other knobs. Turn down the gain knob though and it's like a frequency sweep, coming down from ulta high to a low rumbling..
    Changed the valves and this time every knob on the gain channel did the same thing. You can hear a frequency sweep on them all.

Any ideas folks..Got me beat, but then I aint no technician.
    I swapped the valves for a completely different set too.

Thanks,

Phil.

PS... (A week later ).. No feedback as yet, but forget the question now anyway.. It's fixed.
    Last edited by phil47uk; 08-05-2010 at 05:28 AM.

Forum Member

Re: Fender Hot rod de ville problem

I just saw your question (August 9th). How did you fix the problem? I have a HRDeville 4 X 10.

Re: Fender Hot rod de ville problem

Quote Originally Posted by BluesDisciple View Post
    I just saw your question (August 9th). How did you fix the problem? I have a HRDeville 4 X 10.

Yeah, he took it to a repair guy I know and he's changing all the caps.